1. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

I downloaded y!supra as an alternate chat client to yahoo chat and after I unzipped it, I had some second thoughts about it. It seems to have installed when I unzipped it. It doesn't show up in the add/remove programs list so I was wondering if it is a harmful program or a safe program? Can an exe file simply be deleted? Do you know how to remove it?

2. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

sorry for the double post

I ran MB and it found fsquirt.exe as a trojan downloader. I looked the file up and it's a bluetooth file. I wondered if the location of the file in system32 was what made MB identify it as a trojan?

3. Norgates

Norgates Corporal

Would it be possible for someone to move this to the Malware Forum? I meant to post it there since it's a question about a trojan. Didn't realize it when I first posted it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2011
  4. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

Hi Norgates,

I am unfamiliar with this chat client -- y!supra.
    I do not really know if it's malicious or not.
    If you have questions about an .exe file, you can try uploading it to VirusTotal.com and see what many Antivirus detect it as (if anything).

If you would like for us to check your PC for malware, please follow this guide: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds