Has This Happened To Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eldon, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

2. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Jeez Eldon..... couldn't you fix the noise in his building roflmao
    This is why techs have minimum call out fees.... maybe send him a bill for 4 hours :rolleyes:
    The invoice could say corrected "ID-10-T error" code :oops:
    If you don't know this error code then Google is your friend ;)

Eldon likes this.
  3. Eldon

It gets worse! o_O
    Look at post #65 - last sentence. :eek:

4. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Post #15 was probably your first clue.o_O . . . . . . . . .The part about the phone could not record the noise. ;)

5. joffa

Yep I had a good one quite a few years ago. A friend who owns a panel beating business called me up saying one of the computers was still working but a week ago it made a whirring squeaking sound and now the receptionist says it is making a really bad smell. I asked if it still was making the noise and did it smell like burning electronics or something that was running too hot and he said that the noise had stopped but wasn't sure he could describe the smell but it was making the receptionist feel really queasy. I asked if it wasn't all the paint thinners fumes making her feel sick but he said they have a paint booth with a water wall and filters so not that. After much discussion about this strange smell and although I was really busy with my real job I made some time so I could go down to the panel shop. On arrival I said that I bet will know the problem as soon as I take the side of the case off ................. and there it was.......... a mouse caught in the rear cooling fan. Ewwwww :eek:

[​IMG]

Hey mouseketeers bad news.......... poor Mickey didn't make it :(

Surely someone could describe a smell of something rotting but it seems not :rolleyes:

BTW Note how filthy a 6 month old computer in a panel shop becomes.... the dust is from when they dry sand the filler and is when they leave the office door open to hear the phone because the receptionist only works two or three days a week o_O

6. Eldon

Now imagine when you got to your friend's business and he said the noise and smell is coming from the adjacent building. o_O

7. joffa

I get that other part of the building thing hence the ID-10-T code post (I did read every post in the thread and have excellent comprehension).
    My point is this PC was sitting on top of the desk and nobody could describe a very strong rotting flesh smell only 12 inches from their heads and surely a mouse squeaking as it slowly dies I thought would be fairly apparent too.......... just sayin :rolleyes:
    Seems your problem was someone who couldn't describe the fault which is the same as my problem hence the reason for me posting ;)

8. Eldon

Might have happened on the day the receptionist was not working that fateful day. :D
    My cousin's son found mother mouse and her babies in a nest in his tower case. :eek:
    I didn't consider that because my $40 smartphone picks up a lot (too much) of background noise.

9. markhall

markhall Private E-2

Haha he doesn't even seem to feel embarrassed that he's got everyone trying to solve his problem when it's probably in his own head!
    Although I was complaining about one of our stairs that makes a clicking noise every time I step on it, I made everyone in the family keep going up and down the stairs to see if it happened when they did. Turns out it was my actual knee clicking at that point every time I went up.

Gensuknives and Eldon like this.
  10. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Would it be some friend of yours with a warped sense of humour playing a hoax?

You surely have the patience of a Saint!

11. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Gotta be a friend playing a prank on you(?!)

12. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

I was thinking more along the line of the noise was in his head so the phone could not record it.

13. joffa

No they definitely heard it because they were complaining of a squeaking noise coming from inside the PC and they only called me after the receptionist was feeling nauseous from the bad smell a week or two later ;)

14. Eldon

Nope.
    It actually started as a RAM issue, and then went to temperature and noise.
    Maybe I should keep Dr. Phil on speed dial... :rolleyes:

15. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Yeah...! Incredible amount of time spent on that person...I find it difficult to believe that he wasn't aware of the outside noise from the start.

16. Eldon

Funny thing is...
    I didn't get cross, I didn't laugh, I was dumbstruck. :confused:

17. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

Pretty cool going as a support person...lots of technical agencies out there that regard that high on their list of "Likes" for potential employees.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds