cannot install windows 7 service pack 1

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kestrel13!, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

I have included a screen shot of the error I recieve after trying many times.

So I downloaded System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2011] (because that is what is reccommended) and after a few moments I get this error. "The update is not applicable to your computer." I have windows 7 profesional and yes, I did download the appropriate file for me as I am not on 64 bit. (See red circled file in screenshot)

Looks like I downloaded the right one right?
    How else to try and resolve the fact that service pack 1 does not want to install?

Kind thanks to anyone who can offer advice! :)

Attached Files:

2. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Hi Ems, :)

I had hell's own trouble installing W7 SP1. Finally got it installed. :major
    If you haven't already read the post:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=232646
    , check it out as I have been through many sites, searches, recommendations, etc., and there maybe something there that might stir the grey matter. :-D

Best of luck.

Bazza

3. Kestrel13!

I'll try again when I can dredge up the patience LOL Thanks ever so much to both of you I shall do some digging around in the provided links and see what can be done.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I get a newsletter where one gal, Susan Bradley http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/
    goes through the various updates and offers advice like install now, install later, or don't bother installing.
    She is still cautioning on waiting to install SP1 Kestrel. If you are having problems, wait 2 - 4 weeks. By then MS will have ironed out most of the problems and the install might work.

5. Kestrel13!

Thanks Plodr, that is comforting to know that all will probably be okay given a little time. :)

6. plodr

When she gives the all clear, I'll send you a PM. ;)

7. Kestrel13!

Nice one! :)

8. Kestrel13!

Done and dusted and everything was smooth too. No hiccups for a change :-D

Attached Files:

9. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Darn - when I updated this machine, I didn't get that fancy smiley face. Guess I gotta start all over. :confused

10. plodr

Good to know. Susan Bradley still hasn't given an all clear but I'm glad it worked with no hiccups for you, Ems.

11. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Glad to hear you succeeded, Ems.:cool

Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds