Driver Installation Error Message

Discussion in 'Software' started by spiro13, Jan 6, 2009.

1. spiro13

spiro13 Private E-2

I am trying to install a driver and Windows won't allow it. The Windows error message says it may be harmful and there is no option in the error message box to override the message. I am the administrator on the system. Does anyone have a solution?
    My OS is Windows Vista 64 bit.

Thanks

2. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

We need more information,
    what driver are you trying to install,
    what is the exact error message

3. spiro13

spiro13 Private E-2

The error message is in a Windows Security Warning box.

Message: "To help protect your computer, windows has blocked access to this file"

Driver: PL-2303 Vista Driver Installer.exe It is a driver for a golf GPS unit.

Thanks

4. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=178824

This is an post that may explain what to do to get around that error and they also explain why the safe guard is there in the first place. If this post is not related to your error post back and someone will be along to give you additional help

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Make sure you are logged into Admin account.

Try a quick trick of right click the installer and choose Run as Administrator.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds