emachines 5220 multimedia control driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by OSMINGTON, Aug 18, 2008.

1. OSMINGTON

OSMINGTON Private E-2

i have an emachines 5220. it was given to me without any of the original disks. it has xp pro service pack 2 installed. i re-installed xp and have no multimedia control at all. i have looked on the emachines site but they do not list my machine ? any chance of some help please !!

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I did some quick research and couldn't really find any 'official' references to a 5220. I'll do some more thorough research tonite. If I find anything of use, I'll post it. Are you sure the model number is just 5220?? Is there a letter like T-5220 or W5220 or something?

3. OSMINGTON

OSMINGTON Private E-2

Hi
    it is definately a 5220 model, also it has the name ALASKA too if that helps ?
    serial number is QAG45B020025
    motherboard unknown
    chipset intel brookdale-G i845GE
    I have even e-mailed emachines but they haven't bothered to reply so i guess this is my last chance.
    i appreciate your help !!
    I am from the UK so i don't know if that makes any difference ?

Thanks

Rob

4. OSMINGTON

OSMINGTON Private E-2

i have found the emachines serial number:

qag45b0200251

thanks

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm sorry to say but none of this info really helps :( Please read this article and then attach an Everest report to your next post:
    (above instructions originally posted by MG member musksnipe... thanks muskie!)

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

NEVERMIND THE ABOVE POST!!!! I FOUND YOUR DRIVERS!!!

You can download them all from this link.

Be sure to install the chipset drivers first, and let me know if these all work. If they don't let me know which ones didn't and provide the Everest report and I'll try again....

Good luck!!!!

7. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

YW, dlb.:)

8. OSMINGTON

OSMINGTON Private E-2

Hi,
    Thanks for your help again.
    When i click on the link in your post, it will not work. internet explorer says "cannot display page"
    This probably is a silly question but, could i not get remote assistance from you directly if you have the time and can be bothered ?
    I know you do a lot of work for everyone.

Rob

9. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

10. OSMINGTON

OSMINGTON Private E-2

hi again.
    i tried it buty it just says cannot find server or DNS error

Rob

11. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I don't know what to tell you.... both my original link worked, and musksnipes re-post of the full link worked too.... :confused Copy-n-paste the address into Notepad or write it down, then open in it a different browser, or maybe open it in a different PC, download the drivers and burn 'em to a CD or use a flash drive or something.... maybe you have some weird security settings in your browser... I don't know but both links are fine.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds