I deleted my audio driver and need to get it back!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Internationaldave, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Internationaldave

Internationaldave Private E-2

I deleted my audio driver, which i believe was avance a97, or something of the sort and need to get some sound back. My computer is a microstar bought back in 2002. mother board (from Everest is MSI MS-6701 (Medion OEM),) Does anyone know where i can download a driver from that will run just normal sounds, windows media, quicktime etc etc etc etc etc ? Will be much appreciated.
    Dave. :confused

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Avance is no longer supporting that driver. I can't find info on your board at MSI either, but I did find the driver here:
    http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=131243
    You will have to go through some hoops to get to the driver:
    On the page the link above takes you to,chose the option to view ads, skip through all the ads (about 10), and you get to the download page.
    Download the file, extract it, and double click the setup.exe file.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I did some research and it appears that the MS-6701 motherboard was built into the Medion MD5000 computers. Finding the drivers for the MD5000 was impossible at the Medion US site. I went to the Europe/UK site, and found they have a single download that has all the drivers, some firmware updates, a BIOS update, and some other stuff. However, they also say the sound chip is the RealTek AC97 which you can download from here http://www.majorgeeks.com/Realtek_AC97_Drivers_d4400.html So, if the link provided by musksnipe isn't the right driver, try this one. If it doesn't work, let us know and I'll post the link to the Medion UK downloads for the MD5000/MS6701.

Good Luck!

4. Internationaldave

Internationaldave Private E-2

I had to try both, i had luck with the second recommendation, i got lost in advertising witht hefirst but thanks anyway man. ANYWAY, i now have sound back to my pc! Woop! I can listen to countless hours of mp3 heaven whilst i while away the hours doing my bookwork!

A massive thanks once again. You guys are ACE!!

Dave. :wave:):cool;)

5. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

:highfive It's good to hear that all is well, and I'm glad that we could be of assisstance. :drink

6. legendthriller33

legendthriller33 Private E-2

Im having those same problems and i dont know what to do. I restored the computer to an earlier point, but it didnt help. I have only had this laptop for about 2 months now. Its an HP with windows 7

7. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Hi my friend , welcome to MG's :major , is there any yellow mark in Device Manager menu ? You should told us about your laptop's model , at the bottom of the laptop there is a sticker like this

http://www.fixitfastcellular.com/images/HP_Model_Number.jpg

give us all of the information !! :wave

8. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

@ legendthriller33: Welcome to MajorGeeks. It is best to start a new thread instead of resurrecting one from 4 years ago. So, start a new thread and include your make, model, etc. Actually, it's a REAL good idea to read this sticky before starting a new thread. Thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds