Microsoft Windows Vista now available

Discussion in 'Software' started by NICK ADSL UK, Jun 8, 2006.

1. DAKz

DAKz Corporal

I installed the 32bit version of 5600, seems to have calmed down alot, more stable has a more solid feel. If that makes sense. Anyhow I think they are headed in the right direction and I have been playing with it and it just seems easier to get around and smoother, I wonder if they are ever gonna make a boot screen for this. One thing I have noticed up through Beta 2 release patition magic would not see info on the partition, it saw the partition, but could not tell you how much was on it or free space, but it seems this has been cleared up real nice. I am not as sure about the defender app, it gets updated everyday, which could be a good thing, but then again I wonder if they are playing catch up or if they really feel that a new update everyday is needed. I still haven't tried a antivirus program on it since avast stopped working on Vista, thankfully I have it on a partition so I can sweep it from another OS! A thought that runs through my mind everytime I boot Vista is that with all the other major final releases of Windows it was interesting to see the major software companies design their products to match the look and feel of the new OS, if they follow through with that then Vista could be a very sharp system to use!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds