PC monitor no signal. video card? virus?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by weirdopunkd, Dec 25, 2013.

1. weirdopunkd

weirdopunkd Private E-2

Hello :)

So, When I turn on my pc, the cpu works and stuffs, does the windows sound but the monitor doesn't work. I tried plugging things correctly but still won't work.

Lately I had a problem with my pc. WEI said new hardware detected but I didn't change anything. WEI gaming graphics score went from 5.9 to 3.2 and the other graphics(above gaming graphics) went from 5.6 to 3.9. PC is still as fast but when I tried playing Skyrim, the settings went to low quality and was sooooo laggy. I tried Civ5 but directx11 version won't open even though I have dx11, im guessing the slow down applies to all other games.
    NVidia control panel and dxdiag says no problem about the hardware or any change when I checked.

Also before the pc monitor problem, I've been cleaning the pc because of a virus PUM POL ,PUM HJ DESK,and such were found by roguekiller. I followed the steps I saw on malwarebytes forum(run malwarebytes, adware cleaner, rk, etc) but still roguekiller detects those PUM POL and HJ DESK. Malwarebytes detected the virus as PUM UserWLoad before. (No other virus)

Basically I'm wondering if these three connect. I'm thinking if video card issue cause PC monitor problem. but I don't know if the virus affected the hardware.

BTW I'm using IPad now.

Thank you~

2. JonnyBB878

JonnyBB878 Private E-2

Hello,

What's the video card's model you're using? You mentioned Nvidia control panel so that's a start.

Also when you open the Skyrim game launcher and go to options which video card is being used under "graphics adapter"?

EDIT: If your screen isn't showing anything (including the bios screen with amount of ram and such), that's not the work of a virus and most probably is the video card. If this is what happens you could try reseating it.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  3. weirdopunkd

weirdopunkd Private E-2

As I can remember its qn older model, something like Nvidia GeForce 7065, not sure.

Unfortunately I didn't really look for what id used by skyrim :/ But when I look at specs, dxdiag and control panel it says my video card.

I'll try resetting it. (googles how to reset)

thank you for the reply :)

4. weirdopunkd

weirdopunkd Private E-2

Figured it out. I realized that I plugged the monitor on the motherboard part, I forgot where I plug things when I cleaned the pc lol

Problem solved, everything is back to normal.

Thanks for replying anyways :)

5. JonnyBB878

JonnyBB878 Private E-2

Small mistake :) Glad it's all good now.

Happy Holidays!

6. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

7. weirdopunkd

weirdopunkd Private E-2

Thanks~ Happy Holidays!

8. weirdopunkd

weirdopunkd Private E-2

I ran RogueKiller earlier, it detected 2 PUM HJ DESK again :\
    I'm running ESET now.

9. bruceleeev

bruceleeev Private E-2

I'm glad you solved the problem, before I often such a problem, the Internet, accidentally knocked off, and then the screen does not light up everywhere to find a cause, and finally displayed the power off ~

10. rustysavage

rustysavage Sergeant Major

You need to take care of that malware problem, even if it's not related to your recent graphics problem. It will eventually cause you problems, so I suggest you start by going to the following page and following the steps outlined there:

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407

Good luck!

11. weirdopunkd

weirdopunkd Private E-2

Thanks! I downloaded all the programs now, do I post my logs on this topic or should I create a new one on the malware removal section?

I always get nervous every time my PC have problem because I know it would take long for my parents to buy me one again if I broke it lol

12. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi...please start a new thread in our Malware Removal forum and attach all your logs. Our experts in there will check them out. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds