Please Help With Removal Of Some Malware?

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by Atomysk, Jan 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomysk

Atomysk Private E-2

Hi there. I downloaded a torrent earlier tonight that basically was chock full of all sorts of nasty stuff that let loose on my computer. I seem to have gotten most of the viruses cleaned up but a few still remain and I'm not sure how to remove them.

The 1st is a virus that is called "The Smart Search" It hijacks my browsers and makes it so I can't use google or connect to certain sites. I have Malware bytes and a few other programs such as Cloud system booster. Both of which dont do anything to detect or get rid of this fake search engine.

The other virus is something malware bytes is blocking every second. Once every second or two the little dialog box pops up saying that malware bytes has blocked a site. It gives me the IP adress the port the type which is outbound and also the file which says C:\Program Files (x86)\\Waifs\dances.exe another variation is insead of waifs\dances.exe its Adv\dances.exe. I also noticed that my CPU usage is fluctuating from around 2% to 40% every few seconds and in my task manager there is a process called "ping" which is using my CPU power and seems to be related to the dances.exe.

Any help is much appreciated I haven't come across something this resilient in a long while and I'm at a loss of how to continue.

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds