question about microsoft security essentials

Discussion in 'Software' started by rmthurman, Feb 3, 2014.

1. rmthurman

rmthurman Private E-2

i've been using nothing but microsoft security essentials since building my computer in 2010. i have'nt had any virus issues at all, that i know of. i was talking to the IT guy at work about a hard drive problem i've been having (bad sectors/ corrupt files) and in the conversation he told me microsoft security was'nt really a anti-virus program and that i should run AVG or something . that being said, i have had problems with down loading anything . when i try to down load a program or even updates, i get a window that states that the program contained a virus and was deleted. it does direct you to another site which is MICROSOFT and the latest explorer version download, which will not down load either. i had chalked this up to the drive being bad. does this make sense. any and all advice will be most appreciated.

(my computer is a home build, 2010. asus mother board, amd cpu, windows 7)

2. solaris89

solaris89 First Sergeant

Not sure where the IT guy is coming from, but MSE is a full-fledged antivirus/anti-malware program and a good one at that. I think you may have other issues going on with that computer like you said.

3. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds