Question about thread in malware clean-up

Discussion in 'Software' started by Nebberz, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Nebberz

Nebberz Private E-2

Hello. I was trying to figure out what the average waiting time usually is for malware clean-up and if it is possible for a thread to accidentally be forgotten. I have no way to message the person who initially said they would get back to me with directions seeing as how I do not have 50 posts. :(

I posted my logs on the 4th, and dr.moriarty said they would get back to me with some directions on the 6th. It's now the 9th and I'm starting to wonder if they forgot about me! Most threads I look at on there seem to have directions after about 2-3 days. I'm working on the 5th day now. I realize it's free and so I have certainly been being patient as I realize it's pure volunteerism. It just sucks because I have to give back the computer to the owner with it still freezing as mentioned in the thread http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=204800. I have no further ideas on how to proceed with it!

I did not know where else to post this so hopefully this gets to the right channels! :)

Thank you.

2. silas

silas MajorGeek

Yes for some threads this can be normal time frame. Just wait little longer.. someone will see this new thread you made (here) anyways. They do work in order like they said and bumping threads can cost you more time.

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hello, Nebberz!

No - you have NOT been forgotten. There are a few malware threads ahead of you in the queue to reply to first. Rest assured that you thread will be responded to, shortly.

dr.m

4. Nebberz

Nebberz Private E-2

Thanks for the help!

Apologies if I seemed impatient, I just wasn't sure if it was possible for a thread to fall through the cracks (seeing as how I am not completely familiar with the process here at Major Geeks.)

I was looking forward to working on this PC some more and I am sad I have to give it back to the family for a bit. I will have to wait a few days to get it back now probably, oh well! :)

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

:cool

You have checked your thread? A fix has been posted!

dr.m

6. Nebberz

Nebberz Private E-2

I checked right after I posted that and have been working diligently! :cool

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds