Route.exe Application Error When Shutting Down

Discussion in 'Software' started by cornflakes, Nov 13, 2016.

1. cornflakes

cornflakes Corporal

Whenever I shutdown my PC, I get this "route.exe application error" pop up.
    I'm not sure what it is and it doesn't seem to be affecting anything with my computer when in use.

Does anyone know why I get this message and how I can resolve it?
    Thanks.

Windows 7 Home, AMD Phenom II X6, 8 GB RAM

2. MaxTurner

MaxTurner Banned

Because there is a risk that this is connected to malware, if it was my system I would now go to the MajorGeeks Malware Removal Forum ad carry out the steps in the Read & Run Me First Guide and then post the logs in a new thread over in that forum (not here).

3. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Is there more information in the pop-up? Route.exe is part of the Operating System. More information could help in determining the cause of the error.

You also posted the exact same thread here. Be advised that the forums frown upon cross-posting.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  4. cornflakes

cornflakes Corporal

yes, there are whole bunch of 0x00000 etc type codes that follow it. I'll have to try and snap a pic of it because it shows up when I shutdown for only like 1 second and it's gone.

yes, I do post on several forums and not just one. I do this for all my questions computer related or not. The reason is I find that the more sources I can use, the more answers I can get. I don't see how it's much different than a patient wanting to go to several doctors for a second opinion, or anyone asking many different people the same question for advice. Unless it's actually against the TOS or forum policies (which still seems like and odd rule for anyone to make), this is how I research and I'll ask anywhere and anyone I can until I find what I'm looking for.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds