Vista Drivers for Area-51 m7700 (CLEVO D900T) motherboard

Discussion in 'Software' started by philmu78, Feb 4, 2008.

1. philmu78

philmu78 Private E-2

I searched the site 1st and noticed chris-red has a Clevo D900T laptop and managed to get Win Vista installed, I take my hat off to him!

I've been searching on google for drivers for the components of my Alienware Area-51 m7700 laptop with no luck & i understand the Clevo D900T motherboard is in a few different laptops such as the Sager NP9860. Alienwares daft support service doesn't seem to provide any drivers for windows vista yet. but i'm hoping there are some underground drivers out there that wil do the job. If anyone knows of any please help me.... :confused

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

3. philmu78

philmu78 Private E-2

Thanks DLB, I did manage to set it up yesterday but there were issues with alot of the drivers that i had found online. but it seems to be running ok, with them now with no hardware errors or anything like that.

I'll still download the programs and generate a report though... just in case.

4. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

5. philmu78

philmu78 Private E-2

Cheers Musksnipe, thats actually where i started. but it's appreciated anyway.... I do have another question though, Just out of interest in case i ever want to upgrade them... does anyone know what the biggest hard drives i could put in my laptop are?? I currently have 2 x 80gb Hitachi drives in it (Not keen on Hitachi drives).

----------------------------------------------------------
    1 | AREA 51 M7700 R1 (ULTRA)
    1 | AREA-51M 7700 6.1 GREY 17" WSXGA+ W/CAM
    1 | P4 640 3.2GHZ 2MB 800FSB LGA775
    2 | PDP 512MB DDR2 PC4200 SODIMM AW78
    1 | AREA-51M 7700 D900T ATI M28 WITH 256MB MODULE
    2 | HITACHI NOTEBOOK 80GB 5400RPM HD
    1 | AREA-51M 7700 8X DVD+/-RW NEC R3
    1 | USB FLOPPY DRIVE 7700
    1 | W-NWEB 802.11ABG INTERNAL MINI PCI WIRELESS ADAPTER
    1 | INTEL MOBILE INTEGRATED HIGH-DEFINITION AUDIO
    1 | MOUSE PAD
    1 | ALIENWARE AREA-51M D900T KEY PAD UK
    --------------------------------------------------------------

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

It should be able to handle any drive that is laptop size (2.5 inch). I think they're making them up to 250gb these days, you could probably drop two of 'em in there ;)

7. philmu78

philmu78 Private E-2

:D Cheers DLB, you said exactly what I wanted to hear.. that definately sounds like a future upgrade project :major

8. philmu78

philmu78 Private E-2

:major Well i went with your advice and managed to get a couple larger hard drives to drop in there which i setup yesterday using Norton Ghost. I didn't go with the 250gb drives as they proved hard to come by in the time frame that i had. So instead i got the 160gb ones, but they have doubled my space which is great!!

Plus i just got Unreal III for it too.

Cheers for the push in the right direction guys. :cloud9

Next Job is to upgrade my wifes Vaio with my old hard drive.

9. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

Your laptop uses the Quadro Nvidia Video chipset, according to the manual for you machine. Below is the statement you get when you try to find drivers for Vista for this video chipset.

Short answer is there are no Vista Drivers for this chipset. Like Nvidia said you'll have to contact the manufacturer to get the Vista drivers. OR, find a similarly equipped laptop that has the same Video chipset with Vista drivers.

That last option has a whole bunches of "maybes" attached to it! You can try Windows XP drivers in compatibility mode. But, that is a real long shot. Laptop drivers are customized by the manufacturer.

ONLY thing I can suggest at this point is that you Download and install, either PC Wizard 2008 or Everest and submit a report (attached) here. We might be able to find something close enough to work.

Bill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds