Windows Xp Sound Card

Discussion in 'Software' started by tikijones, May 14, 2008.

1. tikijones

tikijones Private E-2

FELLAS I know this has been asked a million times before.
    But I reinstalled windows and the sound doesnt work. (The sound Card is stock on the Mother board)

What steps do I take to correct this, I know this is pretty common.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

What is your motherboard make and version? or if an OEM PC like DELL, HP etc what is make and model?

From this we can determine what drivers are needed. Likely you need to first install the chipset drivers then the Audio.

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Follow the steps in this link, and use the programs suggested to find out what your motherboard make and model is, and to find out what type of sound card you have. If you cannot find the drivers yourself, or would rather have us provide the driver links, post the info supplied by the programs here. You'll have to attach the reports created by the programs. We can then review the reports and supply links to your drivers. Anyway- here's the link; read it and follow the steps http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149107
    You may want to check your Device Manager and make sure that there are no other missing drivers besides the sound. Right click My Computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager. Look for yellow question marks and/or exclamation points; make note of what is listed next each ? or ! and post it here.

I hope this helps!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds