nvgts bsod

Discussion in 'Software' started by almmohd, Jun 30, 2008.

1. almmohd

almmohd Private E-2

ok, i am getting a BSOD and it seems to be pointing to nvgts. the issue seems to be the same as this guy was having http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149768

and i have near identical specs to him, i wanted to confirm that he isn't having those problems still but i couldn't PM him cause i'm a new member.

rather than reformatting i updated the drivers and installed it as a standard dual channel pci ide controller and i waiting to see if i get a blue screen again, wish me luck :major

if anyone else has any pointers?

Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 750W PSU,e-GeForce 9600 GT KO 512MB, Corsair 2GB PC8500 DDR2, Q6600 Quad-Core Processor, 2.40 GHzG0 stepping, Asus P5N-T Deluxe Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI, Logitech G15 Keyboard

2. akhilles

akhilles First Sergeant

Well, the solution in that thread is to uninstall or not install the nvidia achi driver. Have you tried it? Also, do not install the IDE SW from nvidia. If you did, go to add/remove or programs and Features, uninstall nvidia driver, when asked, select modify or uninstall select drivers, select IDE SW. Windows has a built-in driver for that and works like a champ.

3. almmohd

almmohd Private E-2

i switched to the standard microsoft driver (i think) if that doesn't work i will reformat and not install the nvidia drivers. i can't remember which wizard in the asus setup cd does that though. if i dont crash in one week i will consider the problem solved.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds