Access Cctv On Home Router When Away From Bouse

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by theremotedr, Feb 27, 2022.

1. theremotedr

theremotedr Master Sergeant

Hi,
    I’ve installed two small Wi-Fi camera at my property. These don’t have rca fittings. They have a usb cable going to a usb wall socket. I’ve set them up & paired them to my house Wi-Fi.
    These work great whilst I’m at home but I’m looking to see if somehow I can access my house Wi-Fi when I’m away from the property so I can keep an eye on things.
    I am in the UK & use the BT home hub.

2. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

You need to stream your footage across the Internet when your away from your home network.

If your camera manufacturers supply a smart phone app for viewing, utilize this and configure cameras with it.
    This would be the easiest way to view remotely.

If a P2P app is not available you would otherwise need to find your Cams IP address on your home network, then set up remote viewing via Port Forwarding.
    ;)

3. theremotedr

theremotedr Master Sergeant

Hi
    I couldn’t see how to do anything like that in the app so I looked at port forwarding.
    I’ve logged into my router & added the IP address for the 2 cameras. Also entered the port number.
    If I use port checker etc I need to enter the ip address & also the port number.

I’ve entered the camera ip & it’s port but I then see Port closed ?
    I then used the same port number but with the computers IP address but still showed Port closed.

I went into the windows firewall and added a new rule for incoming & outgoing.
    But still the same.

4. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

Try a custom port that displays no traffic.

5. Replicator

Replicator MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds