Assisted Suicide

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sibeer, Jun 16, 2012.

1. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Folks seem all over the place on this. I don't know if everyone has read the original link, so here it is again. The Link

2. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

This cartoon was in the newspaper after the story came out. It's from Ingrid Rice.

"Although she has not won any awards (due to the onerous requirement of having to enter to win), she has appeared before the B.C. Press Council and was found to be reprehensible."
    (Not because of this cartoon)

http://www.canadiancartoonists.com/cartoonist_rice.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I know, we let this thread go. But I've just read an article that I think definitely needs to be seen and considered. It took me well over an hour to read the whole thing...not because it's that long (although it is several pages), but because I kept finding myself crying so hard I could no longer see. This is what it's like for the family. This is why people like me think that assisted suicide should be legal.

http://nymag.com/news/features/parent-health-care-2012-5/

4. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

My thoughts exactly. Every human should have the option to cross the "rainbow bridge" with the same compassion we show our pets.

5. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

What must we be, that we are more humane to our pets, than to our fellow man?

6. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

I read the whole very moving story and realized it could affect any one of us where we were left with an aging relative whose quality of life was in decline.
    earlier in the thread i related the story of my wife's father who up to the age of 90 was self sufficient and lived alone in a very large house not far from our home,Laurette would visit daily along with her sister who would call each day just to see all was well.
    Suddenly my wife's sister died at the young age of 56 from cancer and from that moment on he declined rapidly and needed almost full time care because he just lost the will to live,no one expects to outlive their children.
    It was very traumatic for Laurette to see her Papa who had always been there for her just disappear into a shell of his former self and when the time came to let him go she was inconsolable.
    Old age comes to us all but short of committing suicide we do not know when the end will come.
    I hope that when it is my time to go i am not a burden to anyone.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds