ATI HotKey Poller Service (Catalyst 4.2)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wisewiz, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Updated my RADEON driver to Catalyst 4.3 recently, had a conflict with Pivot drivers (there's built-in pivot driving in Cat 43, but it's not very good), so outed Cat 4.3 and inned Cat 4.2. Seems fine so far, but a question:

TaskMan shows 2 instances of ATI2EVXX.exe running (System & User). In Services, this exe is called by ATI HotKey Poller service, which shows as started and Auto. I can change to Disabled (tho I can't Stop it during the current session, because the control buttons are greyed) and get the ATI2EVXX.exes out of TaskMan next boot.

There are some hotkeys avail in the Display Settings control panel, but I have None chosen in every case. I use the Control Panel when I need to adjust anything.

SO, ... any of you RADEON/CATALYST users KNOW for sure whether I'm doing anything potentially problem-causing if I kill the ATI HotKey Poller service ... since I'm using no ATI hotkeys?

(I'm asking instead of experimenting because I had so much frightening and annoying trouble with Cat 4.3 and blue screens and Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area and failed boots and scans running and Windows crashing etc., etc., etc. that I don't wanna mess with the unknown about drivers for a while.)

I'll sincerely appreciate some solid advice.

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I kill it every time.. never had a problem.

3. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

Good enough for me. Thanks, Kodo!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds