But I don't wanna work!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Fraunzonk, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Fraunzonk

Fraunzonk Private First Class

Apparently we're getting a new teacher for the one computer class I'm taking. The class is on Microsoft Office. Although I know just about everything, and if i don't know it, i can probly figure it out on my own, this sux. With the old teacher i could walk into class, ask if i could just go fix some computer on campus, go fix that computer in about 5 minutes, and then walk around for a half hour and still come away with an A. Am I going to have to actually do some kind of work now? I'm not really learning anything!

Anyway, just felt like ranting somewhere, thought here would be good. Also, you'll be happy to know that if I do have any questions i'll probly end up coming here before I go to the teacher. I have a thing about not liking teachers....

2. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You're learning about how the real world works.

3. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

I wish you worked where I work...just one day...just gimme one day.....pleeeeze!!

Attached Files:

4. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

I understand they speak quite highly of you...

5. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

MrPewty, you kill me....ROTFLMAO. What happened to the generation that wanted to work??

6. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

I was actually expecting this to be from a grownup, because it's Saturday, and I was fully prepared to join in with "I don't want to work, either". However, there seems to be some kind of a difference between not wanting to learn MS Office (which, by the way, if you know everything about it already you're a freaken GENIUS, since I've been working with it for about ten years and only know about 2/3 of it) and not wanting to get up at 6am so I can drive an hour west to work for at minimum a 12-hour day outside when it's going to be 80F with 65% or better humidity.

I've also noticed that those who claim they aren't learning anything before the class actually takes place in fact do NOT learn anything due to their attitudes going in.

Maybe it's just me...

7. g1lgam3sh

g1lgam3sh MajorGeek

Unlikely;) :cool: :D

8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It didn' take long to dispel that notion, did it?

9. Fraunzonk

Thanx for the heads up...

10. dasmaz81

dasmaz81 Private E-2

I think there is a quote somewhere that knowing everything is knowing that you know nothing... therefore I know that I know nothing and that means I know everything so If I were to take a class with something I didn't know, and I knew that I didn't know it, I wouldn't have to go because I know that I don't know it right? :confused:

just joking.... I go to my classes....

11. Fraunzonk

Congratulations! I'm confused! It takes a lot to confuse me. That or a foriegn language...

12. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Frankly...I think you need to check the location of your head and remove it from that place:D

13. Fraunzonk

confused again....

Bad day i guess...

If i start spazzing out and then fall over, no i'm not dead, and no u do not get dibs on my computer.

14. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

OK, OK ...I'll give you a clue....

Attached Files:

15. Robster12

Robster12 The Horse Whisperer

If it was me, I would attend the class, if attendance is required for the grade.
    In that case, though, I would study the bash shell or C from a book while I was sitting there! :)

16. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

well. . .so much for doing the work on figureing that one out!!!

17. Fraunzonk

Although annoying and hard to accept, i'm almost positive you're right. I'm also sure I don't live up to the statement about "knowing everything about MS Office." I think I was in a bit of a cocky mood at the time.

Forums are rather humbling at times. Feels good...

18. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Tell you what...you take the at least 32 hours I'll have worked by the end of the day tomorrow since Saturday, and I'll learn MS Office.

Oh...you have to be able to pass a Secret Service background check as well...that won't be a problem, will it? :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds