Cant Delete A File Off Thumb Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JonahWales, May 31, 2023.

1. JonahWales

JonahWales Staff Sergeant

it wont go

2. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

JonahWales likes this.
  3. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

JonahWales likes this.
  4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Is is a file you put on or is it part of something that came on the USB stick like secure locker?

JonahWales likes this.
  5. JonahWales

i put it in 3 different win 10 computers..i scanned it with windows defender and only one other and seemed to allow it to delete-odd

6. JonahWales

the files were sound files -like mp3 radio shows and somehow about 20 odd files got in with tiles like ascii symbols making file say it was 53 gigs when drive only is 28 gig-its all crazy for lots of reasons

7. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

I have found that sometimes when I play music files from multiple devices they somehow get locked and when I want to move or delete them an error message of file in use can't be deleted or you don't have permission to delete this file see your network administrator
    I use unlocker and the problem is gone. :)

JonahWales and plodr like this.
  8. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

Copy or move the files you need from the flash drive.
    Then format the flash drive.

A1phaG33k, JonahWales and joffa like this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds