Connect A Sony Xperia L3 To Wired Ethernet?

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Syn20, Oct 22, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You did not read the questions and answers.

Syn20 likes this.
  3. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

Thanks for clariying. I would not know how to find that infomyself. How can i find an adapter that the L3 does support?

4. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

I would REALLY appreciate some more pointer plodr, i've looked long and hard over the weeks and i'm struggling to get anywhere with this. Thanks Syn.

5. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

I had no idea what you meannt at first plodr. On amazon - yes I did read the questions and answers when buying this adapter. In fact some had asked that whether it worked on an L3 and the manufacturer replied yes...so we ordered. We flagged this error to them when they returned it and corrected their reply! I have ascreen shot from ny wife's email she sennt to them.

Are you able to help please? It seems my posts have now been removbed from the forums so noone else can see/help.

6. plodr

Posts are removed if you post the same thing at different spots. Otherwise, one post remains in the correct location.

This was the 2nd question asked and answered at Amazon UK in October 2020
    question.jpg

Send the gizmo back because it was answered as not working.

7. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

As i mentioned above, we have returned it. We spoke to Ugreen and told them they were giving out incorrect information...they have updated the answers...in Oct.

8. plodr

Syn20 likes this.
  9. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

10. plodr

Me too. I downloaded the manual and it says this on page 81
    Manual
    https://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/i3312/userguide_EN_I3312-I4312-I4332_2_Android8.1.pdf

Syn20 likes this.
  11. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

12. plodr

Perhaps you have to find another USB ethernet device that works differently.

There isn't a mention in the manual I downloaded about connecting to ethernet.
    Or you might need to get an OTG cable then attach a USB ethernet device.
    otg.jpg
    Because my devices use a micro USB port, my OTG is micro USB plugged into the tablet/phone then anything else plugged into the USB port.
    You'd need a USB C OTG cable then a simple USB to ethernet.
    https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Adapter-Connector-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B072V9CNTK
    then https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ethernet-Adapter-Supporting/dp/B00ET4KHJ2

You can ask Sony if that's what you need to do to get it to work.

I use an OTG cable on 2 of my 3 Samsung devices . I can attach a powered USB hub to the OTG cable. Then I've tested a USB keyboard, a USB mouse, a USB stick and a USB portable hard drive. All were seen and usable on my devices.
    I have no USB ethernet connect to test.

Here's a video showin what you do

He doesn't mention his phone. He uses the Startech brand USB C to ethernet.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    Syn20 likes this.
  13. Syn20

Syn20 Private E-2

Thanks very much for the advice plodr. This is in fact what ihave tried. The L3 has a USB c, so i used an adapter and along with the OTG USB to Ethernet adapter. I've tried with another to usd-ethernet links i have at home alrady. No luck.

After a lot of taolking to sony they finally agreed to escalate to their more advanced tech support tech...so we'll see what comes from that. I'll post it's available for anyone else in future.

14. plodr

I wish you success. Perhaps they have gizmos available that they can try and come up with a solution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds