Dell Inprion 15 Wont Turn Back On

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by brad1431, Dec 25, 2023.

1. brad1431

brad1431 Private E-2

Last night for whatever reason I did a shutdown of my Dell Insprion 15 Laptop, normally I just leave it on all the time, but it felt hot and I figure maybe it needs to install things that require a restart. Now this morning I cant get it to turn on. Note, about Six months ago it had water spilled on it and I had it repaired by a local guy and it has been working fine, so not sure if this matters or not.

How do I get this laptop powered back up? I hit the windows or power buttons and nothing happens?

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

Can you pull the battery (and AC) and hold the power button a few seconds? Reconnect the battery and try to power on.

3. brad1431

brad1431 Private E-2

yes I did this but nothing happens. When I plug the power into the laptop a little light blinks, which gives me hope that it isnt a major issue, but then nothing happens.

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Have you tried powering it on with AC only, no battery?

5. brad1431

brad1431 Private E-2

no it is an internal battery, so I didnt want to take it apart. How difficult is that to do?

6. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Massive PIA.

7. foogoo

A few posts later...
    Go to YouTube and look up your model. Most Dells it is a matter of loosening screws and prying the bottom off.

the mekanic likes this.
  8. LJR

LJR Private E-2

9. foogoo

Batteries used to be external, just release latches and remove the battery, then I've had Lenovos that had two internal batteries, I have some you had to remove the keyboard to add RAM from the "top", some you have to remove the mobo and flip it over to change parts. Some used to have individual covers for RAM and HDD, now days I mainly deal with Dells and they are usually accessible from the bottom as I said above.
    I've also had units where they put symbols next to the screw holes for case or KB, so you can remove some screws flip it over and remove the keyboard, these latest Dells you have to remove the whole mobo and 40 plus screws to swap a keyboard. The engineers design them without thought of how they have to be serviced.

the mekanic likes this.
  10. LJR

LJR Private E-2

Ah, well, do what "engineers" know? (They get the latest model before another version of Windoze is released.:rolleyes:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds