Do You Like The Modern Battery Type Devices?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JonahWales, Mar 19, 2023.

1. JonahWales

JonahWales Staff Sergeant

2. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Jeez that is pretty scary:eek: I was a bit worried for the white car but the scooter turned out to be a real fizzer :eek::eek:

Yeah I am pretty happy with my Dewalt power tools but after watching the scooter go up makes me wonder about the high current 54 volt Dewalt batteries. On the angle grinder and the circular saw the battery is quite close to your hand.

JonahWales likes this.
  3. JonahWales

JonahWales Staff Sergeant

one video i saw was an electric bike goes on fire in an elevator

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

You travel in vehicles with several gallons/liters of highly volatile liquids. I have also used several handheld tools powered by this volatile liquid, in close proximity to an extremely hot engine.

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

6. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Maybe luckily or through good management I have never had trouble with my gas powered lawnmower, chainsaw or brushcutter and over the years about a dozen dirt bikes and road bikes have been okay too so with care I say petrol is okay. The trouble with lithium batteries is once they start smoking it is pretty well too late and you can't stop the reaction. A friend of my son bought a no name battery powered mower that needed two big batteries to run. His grass hadn't been mowed for about a month and was a bit wet and thick but he thought it would be okay to mow. Long story short the mower had to work too hard and both of the batteries started smoking and then burst into flames. By the time he connected the hose to the tap most of the plastic around the motor was burned away and the mower was beyond repair.....he later went out and bought a cheap petrol mower lol.

I have about a dozen Dewalt battery power tools plus a couple of old Bosch blue series battery drills and my son has about the same but in Dewalt and Milwaukee and we have never had trouble with batteries smoking but these are well made big brand tools and I like to think they cost more because they are made better than the cheap knockoffs.

JonahWales likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds