End current download

Discussion in 'Software' started by ilovesummertime, Apr 1, 2007.

1. ilovesummertime

ilovesummertime Private E-2

My computer sometimes runs sluggishly and I usually solve this problem by rebooting it.

When I rebbot it says end current download or something like that and that is why my computer was running slow I guess.

Just wondering if there is any way that you can tell what your computer is downloading before you restart it so you can end that download and don't have to reboot?

Thanks

Jim

2. WaHooCrazy7

WaHooCrazy7 Private E-2

It sounds like it could be a virus or some kind of spyware / malware that installed on your computer without you even knowing it. This would be a question better suited for the Malware section.

3. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Your PC shouldn't be downloading anything with your knowledge, except for maybe some updates for your antivirus software or maybe Windows updates. But a balloon usually pops up by the clock telling you that something is downloading. Click Start > Run and type msconfig and look at anything that mentions updates or scheduling. You may also have a virus; go to the malware removal forums and read/follow the stickies.... GOOD LUCK!

hopperdave2000

(again WahooCrazy beat me to the punch by mere seconds ;) )

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds