File Transfer Smartphone->pc And Vice Versa

Discussion in 'Software' started by bluenite, Nov 1, 2023.

1. bluenite

bluenite Private First Class

I need help with transferring files to/from smartphone using my own home wifi network. It should be possible to do it directly without other sw, but I'm used to SendAnywhere (or ShareIt) where it's really easy. But I don't know how to achieve the highest transfer speed, i.e. about 100Mbit (+-12,5Mbyte/s), because it only happens at internet speed, which I have here 20Mbit (2,5Mbyte/s). The pc is connected by cable to the router, it has no wifi. On another pc it went like this, here I don't know what and how to set it up. Can anyone experienced advise? Or how to configure that sw if anyone knows that. I wouldn't be asking here if it hadn't worked before. Now I'm talking about a different pc, different os (Win11 instead of Win10).Thank you for any advice.

Peter

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I attach our phones (and android tablets) to a computer using the charging cable. Make sure the phone is turned on. A popup appears on the phone asking if I allow access to data. I tap allow rather than decline. I then open Windows File explorer, and see the phone. I keep expanding the phone's contents until I get to the folder I want. (It is usually DCIM where pictures are stored.) I can then move from from the phone to the computer or from the computer to the phone.

3. LJR

LJR Private E-2

A "charging" cable won't work; it doesn't have data transfer capability. Are you SURE you are using a proper cable, that allows data transfer, as well as simple charging? Maybe (a wild guess) is maybe the cable you are using is somehow defective; have you re-tried reinserting the cable (at BOTH ends) or using an alternative cable?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds