Flickering Taskbar, Need Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by outdoorgal, Dec 7, 2023.

1. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

My taskbar is flickering steadily and I've updated drivers so far, rebooted, but first I ran my Malwarebytes and that came up clean. This happened a few times in the last month or so, but just stopped for no apparent reason. Then the same thing happens, for no apparent reason.

Can someone recommend another step to take to figure out what's causing this? Simplest steps first maybe?

I'd appreciate any help, Denise

PS below is my PC info:
    Capture 1.JPG Capture 2.JPG

2. pistol

pistol Private First Class

"A quick first step when you have any taskbar issue in Windows is to restart the explorer.exe process.(press Shift+Ctrl+Esc to open task manager, then scroll down the list to Windows Processes. In this list, you should see Windows Explorer and you can right click it and hit restart.) This controls the Windows shell, which includes the File Explorer app as well as the taskbar and Start menu. Restarting it can thus clear up any minor hiccups, such as your taskbar not working.
    On Windows 10.1 the system seems to occasionally get confused by whether it is a tablet or desktop (especially if a touch screen is in use) and the task bar flickers.
    If you have this issue, in your settings turn on auto hide task bar in desktop mode, but deselect auto hide task bar in tablet mode.
    Press the Windows logo key + I to get to Settings.
    1. Select Personalization.
    2. Select Taskbar.
    3. Set the hide Automatically hide options to Off. Check the Taskbar location on screen and make sure the setting location is in a visible area of the screen. Also set Lock the taskbar to On.

in case none of those other options help
      https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...em-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

outdoorgal likes this.
  3. outdoorgal

outdoorgal Sergeant Major

Thanks so much! I'll keep these instructions if it happens again. It's been stable for a couple of days now, so I won't mess with it for now. Thank you again for taking the time, Denise :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds