Has Malwarebytes Died?

Discussion in 'Software' started by ulrichburke, Nov 19, 2023.

1. ulrichburke

ulrichburke Private E-2

Dear Anyone.

Has Malwarebytes gone? Keep trying to access the site and keep getting 'Site Not Found'. Major Geeks keep pushing the site but it doesn't seem to be there any more....

Malwarebytes dead.jpg

Doesn't the site exist any more? I'm in England, is it just because I'm in the wrong country? Do I need a VPN to access it now? I USED to be able to access it, but I was using McAfee then. McAfee let a ransomware through that killed a large bunch of files so I wanted to try Malwarebytes, because this site recommended it. But the site's dead, or is it just my computer somehow? I'm NOT a geek, so could someone tell me?

Yours questioningly

Chris.

2. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

3. ulrichburke

ulrichburke Private E-2

Dear sexyandy.

Just clicked on your link and look....

What happens when I go to Malwarebytes.com.jpg

You're the major geek - how come it works for you and not for me?

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

I would suspect something on your system is blocking MB. Do some malware scans - Defender for example.

sexyandy81 likes this.
  5. sexyandy81

sexyandy81 MajorGeek

I agree with Earthling something must be blocking your access to the site.

6. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

See if it's listed in your hosts file. Open the run box (Windows key + R) then copy and paste in the following command:

Code:
    notepad.exe C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

So that it is executed as administrator, hold down Ctrl + Shift and press enter

If malwarebytes or any other antivirus sites are listed, delete the whole line that they appear on.

When finished, press Ctrl + S to save.

7. ulrichburke

ulrichburke Private E-2

Dear nullptr and the rest. THANKYOU!! The Notepad command worked - I'm back on Malwarebytes again.
    Not too sure what happened but that cured it!

Thanks again.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

8. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds