Hey everybody, long long time no geek

Discussion in 'Software' started by GEEKWANNAB, Jul 20, 2008.

1. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

CC prompts you to back up when you select fix All issues. Just select "save changes to registry" and your done.

2. GEEKWANNAB

GEEKWANNAB Private First Class

Sounds easy enough, I'll see if I can get this done.

Thanks again sikvic and everyone for all your help.
    B back soon (knock wood)

3. GEEKWANNAB

OK Cleaned the reg, backed it up, Spybot installed clean, updated and immunized.
    Think it's safe to let the wife have at it. So now I have

AVAST!
    CRAP CLEANER
    HIJACK THIS
    SPYWARE BLASTER
    SPYBOT S&D
    WINDOWS DEFENDER

Did a search on here for the latest version of Spyware Gaurd but couldn't find a version later than 2002. Does anyone know if there's a version for Vista?

ARE there any programs I should add to the above list to protect the computer or make it even faster??

Well it's time to go to bed and catch some mhzzzzzz.

I want to thank you all again for all your help. You make it easy for geekwannab's like me.

4. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

It looks fairly good for security now all you need is to get the missus used to updating and running the apps about once a week, explain it is just like household maintenance/housework and if left for a week the grime will build up and start to make it harder to do things efficiently.

5. GEEKWANNAB

Ok, sounds good, thanks!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds