How Do I Convert Heic Fromated Pics To Jpeg Or Png Images?

Discussion in 'Software' started by vestalmiss, Nov 29, 2023.

1. vestalmiss

vestalmiss Private E-2

Hello Wise Techs and Friends of MG :)

I got my phone backed up and the images were in HEIC format and I need them in png or jpeg format.
    Also how do I convert iphone videos to work on my windows computer.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thank you for your help. I know ya'll are busy folks.

Cheers,

Ves

2. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I use this https://www.copytrans.net/copytransheic/
    I have it installed and I can open the picture in Windows Photo Viewer, which is not longer part of Windows OR I can right click the HEIC picture and select "convert to jpg with copy trans".

You can also tell the person using an apple device that there is an option to save any image as jpg instead of HEIC.
    A friend using an iPhone sent me HEIC images. I asked her, if she remembered, to save them as jpg and send those to me instead.

4. the skeezix

the skeezix Corporal

Irfanview can open HEIC files. Irfanview is a powerful (and free!) program that handles just about any (and probably all) image and video files. You can download it here. The program has two parts - the application itself, and the plug-ins. The current version is 4.62. If you download the plug-ins, be sure that they too are version 4.62.
    Good luck with your project! :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds