I built a new systems that freezes/shuts down moments after boot up.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lilcap, Apr 7, 2006.

1. lilcap

lilcap Private E-2

I'm not able to even install the operating system because the system freezes and then shuts down within 5 minutes of boot up. The POST sounds off, all fans come on & are pretty loud I might add. I'm using the fan and heat sink that came with the cpu. I never put the sides back on the case, so the system is wide open. The thermal material being used is the PCM that comes preinstalled on the AMD heat sinks. I feel as though I need to be saying more but that's direct and to the point. My dream system has become a nightmare.

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
    AMD A64 X2 4400+
    2 gigs CORSAIR Twinx2048-3200c2pt
    WD Caviar SE16 7200 RPM 320 GB, 16 MB Cache SATA
    BFG nVidia Geforce 7600 GT OC
    Ultra X-Finity 600W ATX Power Supply
    52x CDRW
    1 Chasis fan

The CPU fan & chasis fans both are connected and come on. BIOS shows the CPU Temp between 41 - 43 degrees C & the Motherboard Temp between 42 -44 degrees C at the time it freezes. Within 5 - 20 seconds after the system freezes is when it shuts its self down. The video card dosen't have a power connector so its getting it's power from the board I assume.

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Disconnect as much as you can then try booting up. eg, minimum memory, vid card, sound card, roms etc.

3. stardis

stardis Private E-2

ATX 12v connector plugged in?

4. lilcap

lilcap Private E-2

Hey thanks for the replies. It was the MB....I took it back for an exchange and now this bad boy is rocking...."TO THE MOON ALICE, TO THE MOON.":D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds