I Wonder

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bob D., Jul 29, 2012.

1. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

What I want to know is, where does the little man that turns the light on and off in the fridge live and does he eat my goodies at night? ~ More to the point, WHERE does he go to the toilet??:confused Maybe that chocolate moose isn't just chocolate?...:yum

2. dyamond

dyamond Imelda Marcos of Majorgeeks

You guys have some strange refrigerators. Mine don't have little men in them OR cars. :-D

@ Rikky - We call these lights here in America, what do you call them over there? :p:-D

[​IMG]

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

:-D:-D:-D You tell him, gal!

4. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

:-D I could be wrong but I think Rikky was referring to the size of the fridges over here, average size of a fridge in UK is about 1/2 that of standard fridges in North America.

I wonder why THAT is?

5. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

Yes, most UK fridges do have oil lamps in them to light them, but recently people have been complaining about the noise of the steam engine needed to power the coolant pump. As a result, the switch to electric fridges is beginning and the oil lamps are being phased out in favour of electric lights. This is, however, a slow process, and it is expected that the rollout time will take up until approximately 1879. Until that point, hospitals should continue to expect cases of paraffin poisoning from contaminated ground beef. It is recommended that the owners of refrigerators equipped with oil lamps should avoid ground beef and switch to tenderloin wherever possible, as this avoids the risk of paraffin poisoning.

We will now return to your regularly scheduled programming...

CANNONBALL!

6. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

The decadent imperialist life style:-D

Yup cheap fat joke...

7. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

Those who use Free Parking fines for a lottery are cheaters!!

8. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Because they drink warm beer.:-D:-D:-D
    (Cheap English joke;))

9. Rikky

What is the international stereotypical joke for England? Americans are fat,Italians are cowards,Germans are Nazi's,French are Frogs,what are we?

I heard that other countries we're stuck up and sexually repressed:-D

Back to scheduled programming, again...

10. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

We are Limeys , although it's funny how many people don't know why they call us Limey's, it's because of the old ships carrying lime to help with Scurvy.

We are also well known for bad teeth which is hysterical since our dental is around 90% covered by health service. A cleaning here in canada will cost you around $100-150, last I heard in UK it's about 20 quid. Also I know so many people here who have false teeth or other issues, almost everyone has had their wisdom teeth removed.

We are also known for warm beer as suggested above yet I have never in my life been served a warm beer. See over here they think they are drinkers but there is no alcohol licensed stores except off licenses which through the week close at around 6pm.

What's funny is all the stereotypes I've heard have no foundation at all in reality.

Oh yeah, we drive tiny cars..... yet a 1.6 Vectra will out run a 3.8 Grand Am quiet easily , and my 3.1ltr Taurus will be eating a Mini's dirt wqith it's arthritic snail acceleration, also if you had to pay $2.40 per litre for fuel then you wouldn't want a 4.2 Chevy either.

Trust me, I've heard it all, what gets me the most is being told I "don't talk properly" , beautiful huh, I don't "talk" properly. Yesterday I asked if anyone wanted something from the shop and everyone was laughing saying their cars are fine etc.... maybe some people should look up the definition of shop.

Oooo I could rant all day about this :-D but alas I have to go to work.

11. Phantom

We are supposedly "winging Poms" according to Aussies.rolleyes Yet hardly any of them know that a 'Pom" is actually P.O.H.M.S. - (Prisoner Of her Majesty's Service) - In other words the original Australian convicts.[​IMG]

12. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

The German language has a word "Inselaffen" that means Island apes that is used for the brits.
    In Holland and Belgium they are known to the younger generation as "FEBs" which is a derogatory terms and means "F*****g English B*****ds,it comes out of the football supporting fraternity.

@ PHANTOM ther is also "pome" which is 'Property Of Mother England

13. Rikky

That's more like it:-D

14. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

The English are also seen as fussy, queueing law upholders, or the "stiff upper lip" types. Which is why I shall say this: Some of the spelling in this thread is atrocious. Whinging is spelled with an H. There is spelled with two of the letter e. And oooh has an h on the end.

Anyone else want to say then can "talk proper like what I do?" :p

Did you know that the phrase "stiff Upper lip is American in origin?

15. Phantom

Yep, I was talking " 'stralian", not English. Which is why it was put in quotation marks, meaning it is a quotation.rolleyes ~ Some of us actually went to school.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-59927,00.html

As well as this, (incorrect) version.:-

There are a few other versions as well, including the one Bill pointed out.

And before anyone else wants to be 'smart', there are spelling mistakes within the quotes - well because they are quotes.rolleyes

16. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

I only added in the spelling thing as a joke, and I am sorry if it didn't come across as such. I will b mroe carful in the futuure

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds