Installing heatsink/fan combo over CPU

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Denise_M, Feb 8, 2007.

1. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

At the moment your S-ATA is for your Hard Drive. -I am assuming you have a S-ATA Hard drive.
    Just a little warning.
    When connecting the hard drive, just connect the data cable from the motherboard, and EITHER THE S-ATA CONNECTOR, FROM YOUR POWER SUPPLY, OR, THE 4 PIN CONNECTOR- NOT BOTH
    :eek

2. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi,

1. I do have a SATA hard drive, a Seagate, but I haven't installed it yet.

2. Do the washers for the mobo have to be put in? I forgot to put them in but the screws are holding the mobo in place very well.

3. A pic of my mobo is attached.

The url for my mobo with a full description:

http://www.biostar-usa.com/mbdetails.asp?model=tforce+6100-939

4. Since I don't have connectors/cables for the BenQ DW1650 and I'm looking into purchasing a floopy drive, I'm at a standstill right now.

5. Was anyone able to check out the floppy drive at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1568&rd=1&rd=1

I'd like to get it but I want to make sure that it's compatible with my mobo and SATA.

I'm sorry for basically asking the same questions, but this change from PATA to SATA has me a little confused.

Attached Files:

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

ide ,or, E-ide, Is Referred To As pata, This Is For Older Hard Drives, Cd Roms, Dvd Roms Etc:these Are Usually In The Motherboard Package.these Are the Wide Flat Cables.
    Sata Is The Later Connection, A Bit Faster , And Uses The Thin Red Cables That Should Have Come With Your Motherboard.
    My Asus, And Asrock Motherboards Had Them In, But Perhaps Others Do Not.-

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

The red fibre washers should be under the heads of the motherboard screws.

5. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Unable to connect to ebays link, but any floppy drive should be o.k

6. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Here is a little info for you. The IDE cables can be ribbon cables or round, the plugs are the same on both. The floppy drive uses a ribbon or round cable, but the plugs are smaller than the IDE cables. Here is a link with a ton of pictures of cables http://www.directron.com/cables---adapters-ide---floppy-cables---adapters.html

I have never heard of directron, but the pics were good.

The SATA cables are different. So if you get a floppy, you will need a floppy cable, an IDE cable for your CD drive, and a SATA cable for your hard drive.

As far as the floppy drive, I only use one when forced! But if you want one, I would just get a new one, they are not expensive. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16821103109

Your link about the floppy did not work for me, but as long as you get a fairly new one, you should have no problems with it.

As far as the washers, I don't use them.

Good luck!

E

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  7. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Thanks for your input guys . . . I appreciate it more than you know!

Two cables came with the mobo. They have 7 pins on both ends and they look like the picture that I attached but they're solid black.

Attached Files:

8. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I like to shop at eBay. I can't say that things haven't gone wrong with the purchases there but I find the prices much cheaper than anywhere else on the net.

I'm looking at a Sony High Density 1.44 MB Floppy Drive for $6.95.

The specs are:

Product Description: Sony High Density 1.44 MB Floppy Drive - Black
    Product Condition: Brand New (Floppy cables are not included.)
    500 Kbits/sec transfer rate
    Rotational Speed: 300 RPM
    Brushless dual-speed DC direct drive motor
    Dual read channels
    Top quality Sony floppy drives offer superior value and dependability developed over 20 years of leadership and innovation in magnetic storage technology.
    Compatible with 720 KB and 1.44 MB 3.5-inch Floppy Disks
    Standard 34-pin floppy drive interface
    Internal drives with industry standard interfaces for easy installation
    Unformatted Capacity : 2.0MB/1.6MB/1.0MB
    Formatted Capacity : 1.44MB/1.2MB/720KB
    Data Transfer Rate : 500K BPS / 250K BPS
    Rotational Speed : 300 / 360 RPM
    Recording Density : 17,434BPI/14,528BPI/8,717BPI
    Track Density : 135TPI
    Number of Track : 160
    Encoding Method : MFM

Access Time :
    Track to Track : 3ms
    Setting Time : 15ms
    Average : 94ms
    Average Latency : 100ms
    Motor Start Time : 500ms

A pic of the cable that I found to go with it is in the picture. None of the floppy drive cables at eBay have a description of the number of pins or the type of os/mobo they'll work with. Do I need another cable for it?

Attached Files:

9. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I don't understand why the link for the BenQ drive will open for me but not for you, but this is the info about it:

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

If the cables are listed on Ebay as floppy cables, you should have no problem. The floppy drive should work also. Good work so far! Now get that computer together and fire it up! I remember my first build, scary. Looks like you are going in the right direction.

E

11. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

The BenQ specs say

I checked on eBay and IDE controllers are listed as cards, such as:

- 4 Ports SATA+IDE PCI Controller Card VIA Chipset Raid
    - 4 Port SATA+IDE PCI Controller Card VIA Chipset VT6421A
    - ATA/133 PCI IDE Hard Drive RAID Controller Card
    ULTRA 100 IDE CONTROLLER CARD

Can you give me a little more info on what I should be looking for to connect the BenQ to the mobo? There are a lot of ports on the back of the BenQ:

. . . do I need more than a controller and a cable, or one of them or none of them?

IDE cables listed at eBay:
    - Dual IDE ATA to SATA Hard Disk Drive Adapter w/ Cable
    - IDE to USB 2.0 CABLE SET DVD HDD 2.5" 3.5" + ADAPTER
    - USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE/2.5/3.5 Hard Drive Converter Cable
    - HI-SPEED USB 2.0 to IDE powered cable for 3.5" & 2.5"

and, basically, both lists are endless.

Since I don't know what the cables are going to do, I don't know what to look for. I understand that I need an IDE cable and a controller for my DVD drive, but I don't know which type.

Denise

12. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

13. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

An IDE cable is all you need to connect it. The controller is on the mobo. The other connectors are probably to hook it up to the soundcard or mobo sound. I have never used them, not sure of the actual use on a modern mobo.

Take a deep breath, relax. You need a PSU, Mobo, CPU and heatsink, RAM, a hard drive, and an optical drive to load an OS. I am assuming you have onboard sound and video.

Take your time, plug it all up, and fire that sucker up! If you need cables, shoot me a PM, or post here. I am sure someone has the cables laying around that you need. Last time I opened the old cabinet of computer parts, I had a ton of IDE cables and floppy cables. Let me know what you need cable wise.

E

14. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the link. I downloaded and saved it.

The picture of the drive looks much like the back of the BenQ and it points out what each port/slot is for, which is a great help.

The BenQ drive was supposed to come with an installation CD. I bought it last May and it sat in the box until yesterday and, when I opened it, only the drive was inside, no installation CD or manual.

It also came with no cables for the power connector, IDE connector or slave jumper, but Fred offered to give me some cables if he has some I need.

Denise

15. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi Fred,

So far, I've installed the mobo, the power supply, the BenQ, the fan and heat sink, the RAM, and a USB 2.0 PCI Host Controller. The only device left is the hard drive but, since it's going on midnight here, I'm going to wait until tomorrow to install it, but it came with no cables either.

I haven't connected any cables or wires yet . . . that's going to be a treat :yum . . . I'm dreading it like the plague. No instructions are in the manual as to what gets plugged into what but it has a schematic that labels things such as JATXPWR2, JODIN1, etc. and the wires have names such as LED, SPEAKER, 1394. There are about 8 of them that came with the case. The power supply has 7 wires that have no names on them.

I bought a floppy drive and a cable for it at eBay today . . . they should be in within the next 5 days.

The mobo has sound and video onboard.

And I have a gizmo that looks like it should hook up to the case like the USB controller. The front (that would face out of the case) has a small round port. The back side has a connector to the gizmo with a 1 foot cable that comes off of it. At the end of the cable is what looks like a 3-pin port . I don't remember which part it came with . . .

Have a good night . . .

Denise

16. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Denise_M you have all you need except possibly some cables. Computer building is confusing as heck at first, I thought you bought a motherboard and then had to buy a chipset for it when I first started researching my first computer! Duh, motherboard has all of that...

From what I have seen, you have a CPU, motherboard, ram, PSU, optical drive,hard drive, and possibly a floppy drive. And I think you have the SATA cable for your board. Your Optical drive will not come with a power adapter, you need to plug it into the PSU. And drivers, well, if you are installing WinXP or Linux, don't worry about a driver CD. Think about it, how could the optical drive load the drivers if it did not work? Cd drives just work, most OS's will have default drivers for them.

Fire that computer up! You have done the hard part, specing it out, and deciding what to get. And you got the heatsink on, so there is very little left. If you need cables, let me know. Plug it all in, and hit the power button!

E

17. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Hey Denise, just checkin in on ya:)
    Ebay, eeek
    I'll bet most anyting on ebay I can find at a reputable online retailer for less
    The postage at ebay always seem's to be a Killa
    For me the other killa is I know many whom have been taken

Here's some of my favorite places to shop or compair prices ( in no particular order)
    The first three all have Excellant Customer Service & generally great prices
    http://www.newegg.com/
    http://svc.com/
    http://www.jab-tech.com/Cables-c-21.html Inexpensive cables;)

Good place to search out deals
    http://www.pricewatch.com/
    or even google "online deals" you'll find the likes of Slick Deals & Deal Catcher

Hey Fred, Directron is also good site to shop from great Customer service they also have a forum to & for support of the products they sell, they also have some great guide's and other info on site
    Like How to build your Own PC http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-b...ur+own+PC&.autodone=http://www.directron.com/

18. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

To try to say things as simply as possible:
    The slim red cable (S-ATA DATA CABLE) connects on the back of the Hard Drive, and the other end fits onto the motherboard.A similar , but larger fitting , if you have one on your power supply, will give you the power connection at the rear of the Hard Drive. If there is no similar ,larger plug on your cables, from the PSU, you use one of the 4 pin plugs to give the power to the Hard Drive.-nothing else needed.
    The IDE cable pushes onto the back of the dvd writer, and the other end onto the motherboard, again no other connection required.- The jumper is a very small plug, which bridges two pins on the rear of the DVD writer, to determine Master, or Slave workings of the DVD writer- yous should be set to master.-if there is not one already on it , Iwould be very surprised.-
    The smaller IDE cable fits onto the back of the floppy Drive, and the other end directly onto the motherboard.
    I hope this simplifies things- Computer jargon, can be confusing.

19. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi Asus and baklogic,

Right now, one of my biggest problems is that I don't have any cables and I don't know what to buy.

My other problem is that I don't know where to connect the wires that are attached to the case. The names of the ports on the motherboard are different than the names on the wires and there are several places on the motherboard where each one could be connected.

I also don't have the BenQ installation CD.

I don't have the hard drive installed yet . . . I'll be doing that later today, but the hard drive didn't come with any cables either.

So the hardware is just about all installed . . . it shouldn't take me long to connect the hard drive, but I can't connect it or other hardware until I get the correct cables.

I have 2 cables that have 7 pins on each end. I have no idea what they're for or how to use them because the manual that came with the motherboard doesn't explain what they're for . . . the manual doesn't explain much except how to install the CPU, the fan/heat sink, and the sticks of RAM. The other few pages consist of the schematics.

I'm at a standstill right now until I get the cables to connect the hardware. If you can give me a url for each particular cable that I'll need, it would be extremely helpful.

Denise

20. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

The two cables that came with your motherboard, are the sata data cables to attatch your hard drive to the motherboard.
    You said your floppy drive was on its way with a floppydrive cable, and you shoew us a picture of the round IDE Cable that you were going to but - That is all the cables you need.
    You will not need any setup cd for your dvd. When you install windows it will allocate it a driver.
    You will need a software program like Nero, to enable your writer to write to cd/ dvd, but you do not need it until you are up and running.

21. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Your sata cables that came with the motherboard, showed in the picture as having a bluish cable with red ends.

22. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You will need to have the motherboard manual open at the diagram, to determine the connections. It os worth you downloading a pdf file of the motherboard to your running computer , then you can enlarge it on the desktop to see the fittings better.
    The main ones are the pw, and reset cables. take the coloured cable to be "+" , and the white, or black to be " - ", or negative.,

23. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Typical wire diagram , in block of nine pins

pled pwbtn
    0 0 0 0
    0 0 0 0 0
    hdled reset

speaker
    0 0 0 0

24. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Thanks baklogic . . .

I understand that the 7 pin cables will connect the hard drive to the motherboard and the floppy drive has what it needs.

But there are absolutely no cables/wires to connect to the DVD drive.

Denise

25. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Did you order the round IDE Cable that you showed us a picture of?- that you wer going to get from ebay.
    That is the IDE cable, that you need for your DVD --and the power connection is ONE OF THE CABLE ENDS hanging down from your poWer supply, - one of those plastic plugs with a male connection pushes into the rear of the DVD drive.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2007
  26. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If you go to the biostar site, and download a copy od the manual in pdf form, (for which you will need acrobat reader) - on page 13, it tells you where the main cables go. They can be slightly different, from the case, - the ones from the case may only - be abreviated portions of the ones you are looking for. like -- pw-- led, --re,- sp,
    Like I said earlier, I find it easier if I have this showing on another pc, and magnify it, instead of trying to see the manual , as it is so small - like when you try to fit the cables, can be a trying time, as they are so fiddly.

27. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I took the panel off of my computer and checked out how things were connected. I knew that things would be a little different because it's PATA and the new one is SATA, and most of the cables are ribbon cables, but it helped me to get a better picture.

In my PATA pc, the CPU is connected to "CPUport." There isn't a CPU port on my SATA mobo or any other connectors that would fit the CPU except two JCFan1 connectors, 1 near the CPU and 1 about 6 or 7 inches away, co I connected the CPU into the JCFan1 connector that's right next to the CPU.

I connected the SATA drive using the SATA ports and cables as shown in the manual.

I used the Slave ribbon wire that came with the motherboard and connected it to the DVD drive and plugged in a power cord from the PSU.

I connected the power cord to the power unit, plugged it into the wall and turned it on.

Nothing happened . . . *sigh*

Denise

28. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Sounds like you are on the right track now

Have you connected the PSU (power supply unit) to the motherboard ?

Have you connected the front panel connectors to the motherboard ?

29. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

You are almost there Denise! I agree with shanemail, double check your pwr connection from the case, and make sure you have all the power cables hooked up on the mobo (sometimes there are more than one).

E

30. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Here is the diagram for hooking up the front panel
    (page 13 from your manual)

hope this helps (the diagram could have been bigger!)

Attached Files:

31. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I have the PSU connected to the mobo using JATXPWR1 as shown on the diagram on the left hand side of page 12 in the manual. I have haven't made a connection to JATXPWR2.

I have 2 cables that I haven't attached. One is named 1394 and the other is named USB. I haven't found where they're supposed to be plugged into. On page 12 of the manual, on the right hand side, it points out two JSUB2~JSUB3 connectors. They have the same number of pins/ports as the 1394 and USB cables. I'm not sure if I should connect 1394 and USB into these connectors. The header for the diagram says:
    As always, any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Denise

As shown on page 13 of the manual, I connected (Bottom Level) Speaker Connector, Hard Drive LED, and Reset Button, but there is no connector for the IrDA connector.
    I connected (Top Level) PWRLED and PWRSW. There is no connector for Sleep and the IrDA connector.

And, last but not least, for tonight . . .

The manual talks about making jumpers. I have no caps or jumpers, etc, to do this.

Denise

32. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Thanks shanemail. I downloaded the manual and zoomed in on the diagrams. I explained what I did and a few uncertainties in my last post.

33. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

After connecting the wires/connectors that are connected to the tower as shown in the right hand diagram on page 13, the blue led light lit up.

Also, two led lights located at the bottom of the mobo, as shown in the right hand diagram on page 11 of the manual, lit up. The led lights located on the right hand side of the mobo didn't light up.

Some progress. :)

34. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

If your cables for the front panel for usb, are in one block, just connect to either usb2, or, usb3.
    Your motherboard manual does not show support for ie1344, so it looks like you will just have to tuck that one out of the way.
    If you need ie1344, you can purchase a PCI card, later for about £8.

35. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

I connected the USB cable to the JUSB1 port and tucked the 1394 cable away. I checked all of my connections with the instructions in the manual and they all seem to be correct. I plugged it in again but only the blue led light came on along with the 2 red led lights located at the bottom of the mobo, as shown in the right hand diagram on page 11 of the manual, lit up. Nothing else happened.

36. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

According to your msnual,, the LED'S ARE IN TOP TO BOTTOM ORDER
    LED_D1 and LED_D2:
    These 2 LED indicate system power on diagnostics.
    Please refer to the table below for different messages:
    LED_D1 LED_D2 Message
    ON ON Normal
    ON OFF Memory Error
    OFF ON VGA Error
    OFF OFF CPU / Chipset Error
    LED_DIMM:
    This LED indicates the voltage of memory is activated normally.
    LED_5SB/LED_PWR:
    This LED indicates the system is ready for Power-on.
    PWRSW1:
    This is an on-board Power Switch button.
    RSTSW2:
    This is an on-board Reset button.

37. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

So which one is not showing?

38. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

I'd be guessing the one which shows the memory error as I don't remeber Denise saying she'd installed the RAM (forgive me if I'm wrong :eek: )

39. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Denise has said that the Ram was installed, but, Denise, could check to see if it is properly seated, and that the clicps to each are pushed in, in case of a poor connection

40. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Ah. Ok. Missed that bit. :eek:

@ Denise. So could you remind us (me:foolish ) how much you've actually achieved ie what is fitted and what is working. confused

41. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Hi :)

The names of the led lights and most other things that are on the mobo aren't consistent with the names in the user's manual, so a little more thought has to be put into it.

1. Two of the red led lights (D14 and D15) that are located at the bottom of the mobo are lit up.

The two led lights that aren't lit up are D16 and D17.

Going by the names in the user's manual, on page 12, it looks like LED_5SB and LED_DIMM are lit and LED_D2 and LED_D1 aren't lit up.

2. I checked the RAM and they're connected and the clips are holding them in place. I placed them in the slots as described as DIMMB1 and DIMMB2 on page 7 of the manual (the two slots closest to the CPU).

3. I have the CPU, fan/heat sink combo, PSU, RAM, SATA hdd, BenQ DW1650 (connected as slave drive) installed. I connected all the cables according to the manuals' directions, and doubled checked their connections.

4. I also I connected the front panel wires:

Bottom Row - Speaker, HiLed and Rst.
    Top Row - PowerLED and OnOff

Two of the connections that I didn't have wires for are:
    SLP and IR

5. I connected the USB wire to JUSB2 (right above BIOS) as shown on page 4 of the user's manual.

6. A wire that I didn't have a connection for is 1394.

7. The SATA hdd is connected using a 7-pin cable that I connected to JSATA2 as shown on the right hand diagram on page 14 of the manual. I also connected the drive to the PSU.

8. Nothing but the 3 led lights are working.

Denise

42. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Going from your manual
    if the diagnostic leds D1 & D2 are not lit
    it is a CPU or chipset error
    Most likely the CPU

Was the CPU easy to instal or did you have problems ?
    Did the heatsink fit on top of the CPU easily ?

Have you tried the onboard switches for power and reset ?

43. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

:foolish Ok, now I feel like the biggest idiot in the world, and I'm so sorry for this.

I plugged the power cord into a wall socket and turned on the switch that's located in the rear of the tower (1 = on). I was just thinking that it was an awkward place to put the on/off switch and then a lightbulb went off in my head. The switch in the rear of the tower has to stay on (1) but on the front of the computer is where the on/off button is located, along with the reset button. Since the rear switch was on 1, when I pushed on the front on/off button, everything started to work, or it seemed to. I have no software loaded yet but the fan went on and there were several more lights that lit up!
    :celebrate

I'll connect the tower to my monitor and start installing the software tomorrow (if everything goes well). I don't have the installation CD for the DVD drive but I think it was George who said that the installation CD isn't necessary. I have the "Drivers and Utilities CD for nVidia Shipset Mainboard" and I bought 64-bit version of Windows.

Drivers are a mystery to me. I have installation disks for my printer, mouse and keyboard, and I'm assuming that they'll have the drivers on them, but I don't know what else I'll need.

But I think I have to do something with CMOS and BIOS (dang four letter words! they scare me to death), but I'll tackle them in the morning. Right now, I'm just delirious that it booted up!

Who would've thunked it . . . I built a computer! (with a lot of help from my friends) :D

Denise

44. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

64 bit OS? what x64?

You dont need Drivers for CD & DVD drives/burners, these are built into your OS
    The drivers for your MOBO (chipset) what you have on CD may be outdated same for printers & Video cards, you have 64bit OS, you need 64bit drivers.
    If you have an old printer? you might not have drivers for 64 bit OS
    Mouse & Keyboard may not need any drivers there
    Just an FYI, when setting up & PC or even trouble shooting one it's best to use a Basic PS2 Keyboard & Mouse

BIOS is no big deal, here's a great guide: http://www.techarp.com/freebog.aspx
    Your MOBO manual should have detailed info on your avaible settings, also waht the default settings are.
    Use the guide to determin whats the best settings for your hardware
    If you have any specific BIOS questions post em or PM me

45. shanemail

shanemail Fold On

Generally you should not have to play with "the four letter words"

Its the simple things that are often easiest to overlook
    Sounds like you have learnt a lot from the experience, and thats what its all about.

CD and DVD should work with the default drivers that come with windows
    If you want to 'burn' DVDs you will need extra software for that

Well done :wine

46. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Yup, it's "Windows XP Pro x64 Edition."

For drivers for the BenQ DW1650 DVD drive, I have this url to update the drivers http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/FIRMWARE/Benq/Benq-DW1650-BCHC.shtml

If they're outdated, can I just go into Device Manager -> Computer Management -> Disk Drives -> right click on Properties -> Driver Tab -> update driver?

My printer is about 2 months old, a HP Deskjet All-In-One. I checked to make sure it was compatible with a 64 bit OS.

Thanks for the tip :)

I'll check out the url, thanks again :)

I don't do any gaming. I mostly watch movies and tv programs that I have stored on hdds, check email, go to eBay, etc, so I'm not going to overclock or anything like that.

A question tho . . . in which order should I insert the CDs . . . the motherboard, the hdd, Windows?

Denise

47. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

48. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Congrats! Looks like you did it! I am the worlds worst at picking up computers and accidently turning the PSU off and then wondering why it does not start... (I learned to check that first.)

Good to see you making progress.

E

49. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

50. Denise_M

Denise_M MajorGeek

Thanks for the temp DVD burner program, Steve. I bought Nero for my present computer. Do you think it would work in this new one? I have the registration numbers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds