Is Auslogics Safe?

Discussion in 'Malware Help - Public (Anyone Can Post & Respond)' started by goaliedan35, Dec 3, 2022.

Tags:
  1. goaliedan35

goaliedan35 Private E-2

Last night, I ran Rogue Killer, AdWare Cleaner, and MB. The results showed a few issues detected that were from Auslogic Boost Speed 10, which I deleted. So, my first question is, is Auslogics good? Secondly, is there a defragmentation app that's safe? That's all I really need, since other tools clean the same things as Auslogics. Thanks for what you do.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

You don't need a defrag tool. Since Windows 7, defrag is scheduled on computers with spinning hard drives.
    We run 4 Windows 7 computers. I haven't defragged any of them and when I check, the hd is not fragmented.

3. Anon-e88bcb5f0b

Anon-e88bcb5f0b Anonymized

Auslogics seems on the up and up to me. Years ago, I downloaded their software on a trial basis and because I forgot to actually cancel, it renewed automatically. Surprisingly, after emailing them, I got a full refund. Most 'fly by night' outfitters won't do that.

But, having said the above, Windows now includes most utilities (defrag, etc.) so I would agree with plodr above - you don't really need Auslogics anymore. Or Glarysoft, Ccleaner... or most any of the myriad of 'boosters/cleaners' out there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds