Kingdom Of Loathing Clan

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Major Attitude, Jun 17, 2005.

1. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

hey i just finished requesting to join the MajorGeeks clan! :)

2. mew2

mew2 Sergeant Major

I was wondering how everyone was doing. I have been working on a multi-clan project based out of my original Clan Razor Sharp Kittens... please check it out and if you know of someone who is in the military and plays KoL... kmail me their player name and ID @ Bitter Hawk or KittensRemember in the game... http://www.geocities.com/razorsharpkittens/RSK_KITTENS2.html

thanks!

3. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Going good. I see we got a lot of attention in game, we have had numerous spies join our clan to see how much our clan stash is so they can beef up to attack us.

I think I will have people come here and ask to join in the forum first. If they dont ask here, then I wont accept them. They also can not be a new member here. This will be implemented in the next week or so.

4. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

wow, this game has turn into a war... :eek::D
    btw, thanks for counting me in!! :)

i only have 30 meat rite now and only at level 3 :)o)so i can't donate right now..

5. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

has anyone listened to KOL radio

omg. .thats just too darn funny. . . .
    oh man. . .

6. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

i got a question.. what are those numbers in the Goodies Hordes? :confused:
    [​IMG]
    and these?
    [​IMG]

7. jarcher

clan carma
    add stuff get some
    take stuff loose some

fill the bars up in the bottom
    earn moxie points and what not
    for level up

muscle
    1 of 19
    18 more(beefinedd and the like) you gain a musle point and so on

8. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

oh ok.. got it!

9. Major Attitude

Ok, please apply here and let me know your name before applying to the clan. Otherwise, you will be rejected. You must have posts here and not be a new member. Sorry, but wartime calls for drastic measures :)

10. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

hmm... i made 2 more kol accounts to send more meat and items to my primary account.. would anyone call that cheating? :D

11. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

before I started playing, I read about this in the faq, and if you talk about it alot, and somebody complains......you'll just disappear.............ya, cheater

.....but, I thought, about it, in order to send me some paper, from the marketplace......but, have not done so...........wobbles

12. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

thanks for the warning but i dont think i'm a big threat though.. :)
    i'm not even level 6 yet and barely got 600 meat.. and i keep getting attacked by players (and losing)...

13. name

name Private E-2

hello!

i have to stop playing, thanks attitude for the meat/items.

have fun! and good luck.

majorgeeks rules!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2005
  14. Major Attitude

I do it, but I dont tell anyone :)

15. mew2

mew2 Sergeant Major

warning.... WARNING... this account may be free for the taking. however the originators email address is on the password recovery. so, unless you know the person who "gives you an account".. it is not wise. you can invest time and meat and such and then they can request their password changed and takes everthing you have put in to it. I am not saying this person will do this.. what i am saying is this scam has been used many times brfore. there is no recourse, if you get scammed on a deal like this.

16. Major Attitude

This account was removed from the clan the minute he posted the password. Dont care what anyone does with it, but it wont be under our reputation. Removed account information, since the person only has 3 posts here, it is a bit more questionable then others.

17. Hoodman

Hoodman Private E-2

i know what ya mean about the scamming, there was this guy (not me of course :p) who gave out his password for this online game becoz he was high lvl an didn't want his account then BLAM! spam forever.

18. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

man, i've been playing too much KoL lately... too busy with my accounts;)

I guess i caught the KoL fever.. but skool's gonna open soon, which sux..

19. psy_co

psy_co Private E-2

hi,
    I have just joined the forums and this is my first post. i'd like to join the clan and have people in it who can vouch for me. My KOl user name is the same as this one.

20. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

I'm not a mod but....

21. jarcher

I have sparked interest in some people
    into playing KOL
    where is the canadian towne, eh?
    anyone know where to find it, unlock it?
    my wife is a pastamancer(?)
    and I saw it in the locations at coldfront and was just wondering. . .

22. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

man, this game is....... time consuming!! :eek:
    it's not the game itself that's time consuming but it's the contests. i'm greedy so i can't get enough of them...:)

23. Thadian

Thadian Private E-2

Ha Ha... this is amazing. I played this game for several months during the school year last year. Got my Turtle Tamer to lvl 18 and then stopped playing. Sad, I had over 3 million meat in my stash and such. Eh well... perhaps I shall start playing all over again.

But question is, since I am indeed new to these forums, will I be allowed in the crew? :confused:

24. Thadian

Thadian Private E-2

I guess since it is Invite only, I shold leave my name just in case. It is also Thadian. I'm a TT again. Woot for me.

25. Major Attitude

Was gone for a while, ill look for your app, if you were rejected, please re-apply :)

26. Thadian

Thadian Private E-2

Hookay...

27. Dannysurtr

Dannysurtr Private E-2

I'm just new at Kol and I'd like to join the majorgeeks clan, While I registered on this forum I noticed that this is a really cool forum with a lot of interesting topics So I will definetly spend more time on the forum.

28. Major Attitude

Please private message me if interested in joining, then apply. I am having trouble doing it via this thread due to time constraints. Thanks!

29. Major Attitude

To clarify, the rules are not join MajorGeeks forum, then you can join, it is more intended for the regulars. Joining here does not get you in the clan.

30. BrokenArrows

BrokenArrows Sergeant

very strange game but i am compelled to play it somemore. If it holds my attention for long enough ill consider joining the clan.

31. jarcher

I ascend
    cool
    but what I dont like
    is that when you sell something from your store
    you dont get the money
    do you get it after ronin?
    I mean from stuff you sold while in it?

32. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

I joined today and soon will be level three and would like to be in the mg clan thanks.

33. istara

istara Private E-2

Hello,

I would love to join the MajorGeeks clan if possible.

I submitted a request to join within the game, hope this is OK.

Thanks!

34. bobnojio

bobnojio Private E-2

yes, both I and my brother would also like to join your clan. we are "bobnojio" and "bobnojio2", and have both submitted applications.

35. Major Attitude

Guess, some people are not seeing this post a few above, sorry for any confusion, if your not a regular member here (been here a while, posted quite a bit) you wont be accepted, we have too many members now.

36. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

did u guys also get a message saying the game is down, when u try to login?

37. marvelljones

marvelljones Private E-2

Um yeah and now it says this:
    -cut and paste-

Tuesday, October 25, 8:00PM: Okay, so, I screwed something up. We're gonna take the game down until we can get it fixed. We're expecting it to probably be at least 24 hours.

Jick is very, very sorry about this.

Update, Wednesday, 1PM PST:

I've posted an update on the situation here. We're still working on getting everything restored. There are processes that are taking far longer to run than we've expected, so we're sort of at the mercy of the CPU at this point.

I don't want to promise the game will come back up by rollover tonight, but it is my suspicion that we'll be able to get it up at some point before we sleep again.

Update, Wednesday, 7PM PST:

I've updated the above post with more details. I expect, at this point, to bring the game up at rollover on Thursday night.

-end cut and paste-

Jeez, now what should I do with my time???? Guess I will have to spend it with my wife and kids doing that real life thing...

38. hithere

hithere Staff Sergeant

Yeah.. whatever that is.. :p

39. photoflow3

photoflow3 Private E-2

Attitude - I think you might need to show Jick some really nice backup software that's *automated* :)

40. marvelljones

marvelljones Private E-2

Anyone else reading the forums and seeing what Jick is saying? I'm trying to remember if I was out of Ronin six weeks ago. If not I could see a good amount of stuff get duped and be at Hagnk's. Or had I even ascended? Oh jeez...:confused:

41. Vonnie

Vonnie Sergeant

Does that mean anyone that hasn't ascended may not lose anything? I sure dont want to loose my shm lol. And are the familiars safe? I think that is what I was reading but am not to bright today to know for sure lol.

42. marvelljones

marvelljones Private E-2

As near as I can tell few people will lose anything and Jick (and crew) should be able to restore items, skills, etc once people figure out what is lost. What may happen is some items might be duplicated if you had them in Hagnk's six weeks ago because that is one of a very few places that must be reverted. So if you had your Mr. A's, Talisman of Baio, Hypnodisk, and the like at Hagnk's six weeks ago and you took them out and put them elsewhere you may have duplicates sitting in Hagnk's waiting for you to claim them. What I wish I could remember is that when I was in Ronin or was I out or not even in yet? Grumble...

43. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

alrite im giving this a try, do you guys still play or wut?

44. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

alrite well i tried out for the clan (im Evilelf).

45. Major Attitude

Just rejected a pile of apps, re-apply, ill add you next login, heading out , so might be a day or two.

46. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

ok i reapplied. is there a reason u rejected the first batch?

47. Major Attitude

Confusion, there was a KOL crash, lot of things went haywire, I know I approved you once. Are you in now?

I need to keep repeating this for others; if your not a regular member here, registering on our forums will not help you. It is for our regular visitors here. If you came here from KOL, this thread was referenced, so simply taking 2 minutes to read it would explain that.

48. comperroruter

comperroruter Darth Meatloaf

I would like to join the clan please. My name is "hewhoknowsnaught". Thanks!!

49. Major Attitude

Will check for your app

50. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

I applied also.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds