Kodo is doubly pissed...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kodo, Jul 2, 2004.

1. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

<fainting> :eek:

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

The names aren't important, unless they're representative of the ranking of your allegiance. We're all something or other other than just plain "American" (I know, American is a lousy word for it, but it's the common accepted term), and we all have personal histories and backgrounds that we cherish. But any society with multiple primary allegiances is in trouble. It becomes an us versus them mentality all too easily and is a divider, not a unifier.

We used to speak of the U.S. as the "Great Melting Pot". And it has been. For most of us, we proudly remember where we came from, but are Americans first. The melting pot has grown cold, and a lot of groups don't WANT to be Americans. They want to be discrete subcultures dedicated to their own interests first, but with all the rights of the main culture. Diversity is NOT what made this country great. American culture made it great.

Picture all the wrangling and special interest wrangling that goes on in the U.N. Picture us as a nation conducting all our business the same way. We do way too much of that now, and the trend is toward more of it.

Kodo is a proud Cicilian, xflat is a proud Texan, I'm pure mongrel ex-Chicagoan. But when it hits the fan and our nation has a problem or a threat, we're Americans. When that is no longer true, you can take the "Great" off of "Great Nation". We'll be nothing but a committee of special interest groups.

3. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Because of that whale pic, I'm expecting to feel intimidated and inferior for at least a month. :eek: :D

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

BINGO!! couldn't have said it any better.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

sure you don't :eek:

Attached Files:

6. lostkiwi

lostkiwi MajorGeek

Nice picture Talibong Boss :)
    Helped erase some of the scarier images from today. Thank you.
    Heck we could beat the bad guys by just dropping fliers of some of todays (other) pic!!! Should have them running screaming off cliffs.
    Just an idea...:D

7. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

Kodo... dunno if you're a Fox News fan or not but this is the kinda story that would make it straight to O'Reilly's broadcast... You should mail the story in i wouldn't be surprised if they decided to cover it... you may not be a Bill O'Reilly fan but this is certainly the sort of thing that needs to be publicized...

8. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Ted Turner, who owns CNN, amongst other entities, is right into the politically correct thang, so you're not likely to get any joy from him. You’re talking about a guy that has taken any possible references to any other race out of such “evil" shows as Tom & Jerry! :rolleyes:

Re:-Racial/ethnic origins:- I reserve the right to be as proud, or otherwise as I damn well please about my origins, or any other aspect of my person, wether 'politically correct' or not. Others likewise have that right.

It's called freedom of thought and speech.

9. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

@MiDGeT

Great minds think alike

FYI -- this was posted a couple pages back :p

10. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

I sent to O'reilly yesterday.. we'll see what happens.

11. debbie

debbie Private First Class

i would also send it to your local news stations. many things that the networks "find" are actually orginally on the locals....

as for me -

I'm Debbie. plain and simple. lol

12. ANHEDONIC

ANHEDONIC Will Title For Food

glad to hear... please PM me or make a post about it if you get any response

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

IF/When I get any response.. I will let everyone know..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds