M3u Files And Mp3 Players

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Software' started by Ibsen3, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Ibsen3

Ibsen3 Private First Class

Hello,

Does anyone know how I can get a new mp3 player to use an m3u file properly? On my current mp3 player, I see the playlist I created in VLC but I can't get it populated with songs. It plays fine on my PC but I have a fairly cheap mp3 player that's clearly not picking it up.

BACKGROUND - As an oldie, I've never understood the point of playlists and was always baffled about why they exist when you should just be able to play from folders rather than having to set up new playlists on each new device. Although I learnt about m3u files some time ago, I learnt to just use apps on my phone that access the folders and avoid the hassle of selecting files that were already pre-organised in my folder anyway. I blame Apple but I don't know if that's right or whether it's just my prejudice against all things Apple. Therefore, if you know of any similarly quick alternatives to m3u files beyond selecting songs individually on a device then I'd love to hear it!

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

You have to copy the audio files to the MP3 player.

3. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

We own four mp3 players. I'm in my 70's. I don't have any m3u files so I had to search. Apparently it is a playlist file.
    I never use playlists. I simply put the files on the players or in my husband's case, I put the songs he prefers on a micro sd card and let the player shuffle the songs. He gets to hear which songs he prefers not in the same order each time he uses his player.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds