Mounting Sd Card And Saving Data

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by MamaLlama, Jul 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. MamaLlama

MamaLlama Private E-2

Hello!

My daughter's tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. (SM-T597V)

I don't know if you need this information but the software is Android 9, Kernel 3.18.120, Knox version 3.3 Knox API level 28 TIMA 4.1.0, Android security patch level May 1, 2020

The internal storage on this is much too small. She is always getting errors and having it freeze up. She has a 64GB micro sd card in it but not everything can be transferred to it and even apps we transfer to it move back over to internal storage.

My understanding is that I need to mount the sd card so the tablet recognizes it as internal storage? Is that correct?

How do I save all of her data on it and the tablet. She has already lost so much in app data when she got this tablet a couple years ago I don't want her to lose everything again.

She plays a lot of games. I need everything to save exactly as it is so I can mount the SD card and then it needs to be transferred back to it. In the past I have used a computer to copy and paste files but that doesn't always save game progress and saves.

Can you offer help and step by step instructions?

Thank you in advance.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

No. I own 2 Galaxy Tab A tablets (10.1" and 8").
    This is directly from the manual.
    If you remove the card, you do have to unmount it to avoid losing data. But since you intend to use the card for apps, you would not be removing it.

My tablets don't have cell access.
    You can download the user guide and manual here
    https://www.central-manuals.com/instructions_manual_user_guide_tablet_ebook/samsung2.php

Look at p 80 about sending and accessing data using Verizon Cloud.

Have either of you attempted to go through the installed apps and disable then remove those that aren't wanted? Not all apps can be removed. I do disable some I know I will never use.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds