Need A New - Lightweight - Webmail

Discussion in 'Software' started by LighthouseBoy, Dec 9, 2023.

1. LighthouseBoy

LighthouseBoy Private E-2

Wasn't sure where else to put this...so posting here...

Now that Google are scrapping their basic HTML version of their webmail, I'm looking for a new webmail provider.

Looking for recommendations, but, please read my requiremments.

Firstly, the big things.

1. I do not have, or want, a mobile phone, so any webmail that requires a phone number is useless to me.

2. I'm after something LIGHTWEIGHT. I only have 2GB RAM on here. The more lightweight, the better.

...and the rest....

3. I want something BASIC. Send & recieve emails, add small attchments, and.....err.....that's it. Nothing else. No nags.

- It needs to work with my ad-blocker (Adblock Plus for Firefox).

- I don't need to know what the weather is doing, or what some celeb is up to - too much noise. I just want a basic email and nothing else.

_ I don't need extra features, I don't need separate boxes (other than a spam filter) to sort emails into.

4. The less scripting the better. I have Noscript on my Firefox, I can block scripts, but, don't want to allow several 3rd party stuff for the email to work.

2. LJR

LJR Private E-2

Not sure it's what you want, but "Thunderbird" (withOUT all kinds of add-ons and extensions) MAY fill your bill; no "nooz," celeb speak, etc; just straight e-mail is downloaded. An additional advantage is you can see multiple e-mail accounts from varions providers all in ONE place, rather than having to jump from one web mail site to another; it can ALL be in one pane of T-bird. At least give it a try.(After all, the price IS right...:rolleyes:)

3. Maxwell

Maxwell Folgers

Here are some possible options:
    These are some of the best email services and you can check out their websites for more details and features.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds