No Internet On main computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by star393, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star393

star393 Private E-2

breaking news

I brought my putter to work with me and my network person and i went over the settings. Dam it first think he found was Pure Network in the device manager property aka Network Majic Cisco Inc. it was downloaded and has taken over my network card and he called to find out how to uninstall it. sure enough after it was gone bingo, static ip and were hooked up. I guess 12 year olds are very prone to deception.. So a diff. eye was needed to spot that because i thought it belonged there.Along with QS packet and discovery network along with microsoft and tchp/ip pro. Iam still not hooked up to comcast system but it surely looks like we found it.

No malwareBytes or Hit malware found this problem but yet it was right in front of my eyes and i didnot see it . I guess we all missed the next question. Live and learn.. Ill post again tomorrow as to how this plays out.

2. Colemanguy

Colemanguy MajorGeek

Malware bytes didn't find it because its a legit networking tool. But glad you found your issue.

3. star393

star393 Private E-2

It may be legit but it took hidding it in game land to kids that dont know any better, to stick it to a adult and try to get them to pay to turn it off. That to me is unscrupulous and cunting and down right wrong in ethics. But in the land of no common sence and loose morals and no more ethics i guess we can get away with anything now except for a good old fashion punch in the jaw and hide behind a monitor now. But i know what you mean. And our grandparnets thought we the baby boomers were the one destint to ruin this planet. The woulderful land of the internet has turn into a jungle of JUNK. Its like walking through a gang infested hieghbourhood to go to the Library. And Lawyers are legit to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds