Official MG's Football (FIFA ) World Cup thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Rikky, Jun 5, 2010.

1. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

Typical dirty Porto playing and Ronaldo diving like Greg Louganis....

2. motc7

Spain losing to Switzerland...0-1...OMG!

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

4. motc7

5. joey off the street

joey off the street Lounge Lizard No.1

Swiss were 11-1 to beat the Spanish before kick off. Wish I'd had a nibble, these games are so unpredictable it's got to be worth a flutter on some of the underdogs. Money going on Algeria on Friday, I think. If I put £20 on them, that'll be £20 I've lost ;)

I don't understand why Robbie gave his tickets to a load of gorgeous, scantily clad Dutch women. Oh yeah, I do. Dirty old sod :)

6. motc7

Nice goal just now by Uruguay.

7. oma

oma MajorGeek

You're right..... OMG! Spain was amongst the favorites for the cup this time around.

8. oma

oma MajorGeek

Orange is Dutch. When you see a sea of orange spectators is when the Dutch team plays.... "House of Orange" .... that's the monarchy. I've seen goal keepers who did wear orange and they're NOT in the Dutch team and therefore should be prohibited from wearing that color. It's a sacred color. :-D

9. motc7

For me to poop on!

[​IMG]

10. joey off the street

I take it you not a Rangers supporter, then?

11. motc7

God no...lol

My family is originally from Aberdeen. lol

12. motc7

Argentina destroy's Korea..

Right now, ugliest match is Greece vs Nigeria (playing with 10 men currently)

13. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

"Right now, ugliest match is Greece vs Nigeria (playing with 10 men currently)"

I will admit my ignorance of the FIFA rules, but that just sounds plain nasty. rolleyes

14. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

10/1 england are back home before the postcards LOL

15. motc7

LOL! I'll say 20/1

16. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I'll take that bet and raise you and night with fredG?

It's gonna be us and some crap team in the final and we'll win by a nose 27-0

17. Rikky

Well France just got creamed by Mexico looks like they're going out.

18. Rikky

Ronaldo's diving highlights against the Ivory coast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocl7rcS0U2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1F4hrnWb5IA

This guy is a scumbag,if I turn even one person against him posting this will be worth it.I hate cheaters and what I hate just as much are STUPID refs,no one should ever be booked for tackling Ronaldo even if the tackle does look bad.

This isn't the way the game should be played.

19. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

20. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Couldn't agree more Rikky, the guy is not a sportsman, he's a coward, frightend he doesn't possess the talent to beat his oponent fairly to such a degree he is willing to throw it in hope of an advantage.

But it's not the first time is it, Maradona, most of the reason for his "Amazing" 2nd goal against England, Micheal Owen used to take a dive over a shot once in the box if challenged... I find it more sad knowing these guys DO actually have the talent to win the confrontation fairly but are too afraid to risk it.

21. Rikky

Try and find a download through that never mind score a goal :-D

22. motc7

Maradona and Ronaldo are not sportsmen of any sort. One is a consummate liar and the other is just a greasy, dirty Porto who when his team is down or not scoring, has to dive to "make something happen" What a scumbag!

In other news folks, today, it's TEAM USA vs Slovenia....this is a huge match and I cannot believe that we are listed as favorites today in the WC! However, we have the underdog mentality so here's to mega goals ala USA today!

:dood:dood:dood:dood:dood:dood:dood:boxing:boxing:boxing:boxing:boxing:boxing

23. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

What is a 'dirty Porto'? :confused

24. oma

oma MajorGeek

Germany - Serbia: 0 - 1

Even though Germany has a very strong team and admire them for it, I am glad they lost this time. I never forgave them for winning the World Cup in 1974 when playing against the Dutch because they were really lucky at that time. :-D

25. oma

oma MajorGeek

Yeah, let the USA win. :) :-D The match starts about now. Got to go now and watch it ....

26. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Wow, you can hold one heck of a grudge! :-D

27. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Was backing the Germans. Serbia really held the fort and played well. The germs a lost a few opportunities. ;)
    Go America v/s Slovania

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  28. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

I can't believe the Germans were beaten by Serbia, as much as I respect them I love to see the underdogs get a big win like that.
    @Oma.... 1974?... lol before my time :p .... Oh and that would have been West Germany so you can't really hold a grudge against the German team since it's not all West Germans :-D
    Although I have to agree, Holland deserved that cup.

@Fred... He is refering to a Portuguese player.

29. joey off the street

USA 0-2 Slovenia. :confused

30. motc7

2-1 now....

31. wildwolf220

And there was me thinking england were the crap team.

32. motc7

Unreal...just unreal where they find these refs...

2-2 final but should have been 2-3 final for the USA. Total holding of players going on on the free kick and then he calls offsides?

33. oma

oma MajorGeek

In this instance..... yes!! They're just too good for their own good!! ;)

34. oma

oma MajorGeek

It was a madhouse in Holland in 1974, I was there and yes, Holland deserved to win that final. That loss was the final bomb that (W) Germany dropped on the Dutch. :cry :cry

35. oma

oma MajorGeek

36. Rikky

SIGH!!! Half time nil nil eng vs alg,we don't look great out there,I think we've had better chances but it needs to be more decisive than this.

37. Rikky

Good lord that was bad,I have no words...

38. Rikky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfTyxeuvQ8k

Here's a video of the disallowed goal,unreal USA were robbed and the ref should be sacked.

I'm amazed Rob Green has been dropped from our starting squad as goalie he made one mistake and has been viciously punished for it,it's wrong he should have been given a couple of games to group himself.

Terrible management by Capello its put an enormous pressure on the rest of the team to deliver and you can see it when they play the amount of mistakes we are making is unreal,if you punish for silly mistakes expect more of them,I'd fire Capello bring back rob Green and give Peter Crouch more time.

I'm kinda pissed off right now...

39. Rikky

Daniel De Rossi being brutally shot in the back by sniper in the Italy vs Paraguay game.:-D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDQ_zqYM6H0

EDIT I read somewhere that he's claiming now his legs cramped up,funny how those leg cramps always seem to happen around the edge of the box...

40. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Sniper! In Kickball!!?? Oh, wait.. :-D

41. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

No comment on England.

The USA goal after watching it from several different anngles I think I know what the ref called, the offside looked like it was called on the guy who was held, from some angles it looked like his foot was ahead when the ball was kicked but as far as I can see it wasn't his leg, it was the defenders.
    Welcome to the travesties of the World Cup, USA.

42. oma

oma MajorGeek

Holland - Japan: 1-0

The shot on the goal was so hard that it knocked down the goal keeper on his back and the ball landed where it should be.

Hup Holland Hup. :-D

43. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

I have a few, but cannot post them....

Think a few local pub teams would have done better, do not think the team deserves to go through to the next stages, actually dont think the players do either, they must be thinking of getting back home to the WAGs and having a summer holiday over playing for the country.

Rooney's comment summed it all up.

What did he expect from the fans who have paid a fortune to follow the team (alledged to be one of the best in the world and touted to likely win this year) to SA, whereas the prima donna[sic] players get in a week what most of us earn in a year.

44. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

:-D:-D I blame Bush. :-D:-D

45. wildwolf220

Just in official photo of Wayne Rooney just before he spat the dummy in front of TV cameras... :-D
    [​IMG]

46. Rikky

Yup terrible performance the players have no idea of money Rooney should be ashamed if I were in his shoes I'd be ashamed and say "yeah we deserved to be boo'd."

I've seen a few interviews with the fans some of them have had to save up for 5 years to have enough money to go to Africa,I think I'd boo if I'd just shelled out thousands of pounds to watch Sunday league level football.

47. Rikky

Obama's got off the bush free ride train now its run out of gas but not to worry the blame the British train has just refuelled and will carry him cleanly over the oil soaked mud into next year.:-D

And back on topic,the world cup.

48. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

49. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

OK got to ask. How much longer is this kickball thing going to be going on?:confused

50. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

The final is on July 11.

Why? Bored of it already? :-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds