old timer roll call

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shadowchaser, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

Today it is exactly 8 years since I joined this forum. Wow. Time does fly when you're having fun. :)

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

You youngsters... ;):-D

3. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I have been here for 10 years. It feels like I have been here a lot longer then that though. :-D

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Kids these days Fred.

Can't teach 'em nothin'...

:-D

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

You youngsters at 8 and 10yrs... ;)

Hey time does fly I had to look at my join date and 12yrs ago and member 3 in the list after MA and CP, do I get parole for bad behaviour?

@Wraith... Barry AKA Phantom has been currently on the forum so he is still kicking this mortal coil around a tad, not on as much but he is busy guy these days, like many of us.. I know my work life has gone mental or is that me, who knows its a blur!

6. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

2005...those were the days...i think?? i don't remember much from then, so it must have been good :-D

7. oma

oma MajorGeek

I remember signing on, my first post being a question about Java since I was a complete noob. The answer I got from a wiseguy was quite unpleasant and MA jumped in. Thanks MA. Then I just stayed away for a while from MG but as you can see, I came back. :)

8. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Funny, that's what I was thinking. Not that I'm nearly as old school as you, of course. ;) :-D

9. DavidGP

yeah the early days of the forum and the lounge had a few characters that lightened the load, they also knew tech so helped out in those areas as well as a joke or two.

I'm still a noob as tech is really ever expanding, can I keep up! but I agree with you oma, MA has a great way of levelling the conversation, and the forum has kept to its ethos of any question is not a daft one, so noobs as in above are welcome.

Yeah Beth we have been around a serious long time in the tech circles, its weird to remember using MSN, BBS, basic forums... omg they were poor to todays forums, FTP and other routes that are used today but not in the main stream as general users do not use the backbone of the internet. I use SFTP a lot still as well as the old school twitter in IRC

10. tjet

tjet Supersonic Majorgeek

Ten years for me.
    I always intended to get involved here but it seems I always got sidetracked by other forums projects and infatuation with my currents games.
    But when I reload or fire up a box for the first time the first addy in favorites is always MJ so I can get my security freebies and it is always my go to when I hit malware and need removal advice.
    Thanks Majors for what you do and hopefully it will carry on for many years to come.

11. DavidGP

I know what you mean tjet, great to have you on-board as always and hey side-tracked is my buzzword for the next few years as I have work projects that take up a huge amount of my time these days.

12. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

I'm still here. Yep - I am old. 600 years, according to legend....0_o.
    Having probs. with another chest infection, a.t.m., but still around, lol!;).

13. Shadowchaser

Shadowchaser A Really Great Guy

Barry,
    Am I going to have to come down under and have some vegamite and Black Swan with you? Will that make you better??

Honestly though, you are in my prayers my friend. Get better soon!

Jack

14. DavidGP

Jack if Black Swan is beer then I'm with you if not then your on your own!

15. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

12.5 years, since I joined, apparently. Crazy.

Since my last visit I lost 50lbs, Put all my kids back in school, and spend 90% of my day working with doctors/therapists/teachers to get my daughter's life back on track because she had a dangerous reaction to her bipolar meds and had to come off them, and who knew underneath those meds she was... bipolar? It's been.. trying.

I'm sure that'll all get fixed up soon.

Other than that, I play a lot of wow. Oh and I adopted a dog. Idk if I mentioned that before.

He's cuter than you. Period.

Miss you guys.

16. Shadowchaser

What cuter than me? Say it ain't so girl!

Jack

17. Phantom

... It is...rolleyes :p

[​IMG]

:p

18. Shadowchaser

et tu Barry!

Jack

19. Phantom

Heh!, heh!...

[​IMG]

20. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

21. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Just popped in to say howdy and see how my ol friends are doin. I got into salmon fishing and it consumed me. Hopefully I can be on here more and get an edjumucation on the latest stuff.

Nice to see you ol timers still on here. ;)

22. Speculant

Speculant The Confused One

You and I have a similar story, 7 years ago I was 14 (I'm still not an "old-timer", at least by age standards) and now that I think about it, this was literally the first site that I "registered" with after getting my first email address (the second being PayPal, a website that I had to convince my parents was a legit way of sending and receiving money online...to this day they are still skeptical of it). I was so young all those years ago! Now I'm a year away from graduating with my B.S. in CS. Those on here helped me out to concrete my goal of becoming a computer science major(geek)!

23. DavidGP

Fantastic stuff and I really do wish you well in your CS degree. Wow 7yrs + a MG member, doesn't time fly.

Renate - beautiful family!

24. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

Blast From The Past...........

For those who have only been here for a little bit. This is a Major Geek avatar made up by Wenchie. Nice job......... ;)

Attached Files:

25. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

Re: Blast From The Past...........

I mumember that avatar. Wenchie was just a child those days. Wow, it hurts to wake up and realize you have been lurking about this site for 12 + years. I arrived referred by Kodo in March, 2002 and been sneaking in and out ever since. Have really learned alot from all you guys in the process. Thanks.

26. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

27. muskybob

muskybob Fish Tickler

I'm pretty sure that's yours Wenchie. But like ya say, it's been a long time. You do have some special talent though. Nice job!

28. Shadowchaser

you should never stop Wenchie, you are too talented. Still have the account on DeviantArt? I still go there from time to time.

Jack

29. dahlialane

dahlialane Private E-2

7-24-09 for me love this Major Geeks.com. Hope it stays around a long time!

30. DavidGP

Wow a longtimer and do post more as we love to chat to folk all around the world on Majorgeeks, don't need to fix tech issues as the lounge is a chill place. :major

31. Shadowchaser

David, don't scare off the visitors by saying it's a chill place. We WANT them to think it's warm and cozy here until they realize the truth LOL

Jack

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds