Outlook Express Inbox Empty

Discussion in 'Software' started by kjj911, Nov 27, 2009.

1. kjj911

kjj911 Private E-2

I feel like these steps are trying to get me to put a folder into a file instead of file to file or folder to folder.
    However, as mentioned previously, when I go to the store folder, momsmail is there.
    (As you may recall, that is what I named the locked Inbox of old mail when you started using that name as an example of the steps to use since I knew nothing else on my computer had that name)
    However, I cannot seem to do anything with it. Clicking on Momsmail and trying to paste it to the Inbox did not work as paste is not an option on the files. It is like it is right there>like maybe just missing something in communication.

2. TeeCee

TeeCee MajorGeek

Hello, kjj911, I am not an night owl, for sure ;) You are copying all the files into one folder.. The "save" folder. All the files are still in the folders on yoru desktop, you just copied them... Your OE is working properly now, right? You can send and receive mail now? So, don't panic yet. We have two options here, so let's and see how this goes:

1- When you right click onto the "store" folder, do you have the option to "send to" ? If so, send to your Yahoo address. I thin k it would be too large for your OE. You should be able to open and read your e-mails from that folder there..

2-Now, if you don't have the "send to" option, we can try this: We will try to open the "save folder". Yes, so close, yet so far....

• In Outlook Express click on Tools,>Options> Maintenance tab...Store
      Folder.
    • Place the cursor at the left of the text of the path to the folder.
    • Drag the cursor to the right until the text scrolls to the end.
    • Right-click on the text and choose Copy.
    • In the Start>Run box right-click >Paste. Click >OK to open the store
      folder

3. kjj911

kjj911 Private E-2

Yes Outlook Express is now working fine which is a happy thing : )
    I was not liking Thunderbird.

As for sending the old mail file, it said there was not enough memory to send it.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds