Pets thread (Post pics or share stories)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LauraR, Nov 6, 2009.

1. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Awww...a big bundle of fur, sikvik. So cute.

I love the one with his/her tongue hanging out. LOL

2. LauraR

Awwww....MuuMuu is so cute. :)

Are you going to take one of the Beagles?

3. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Laura, the dog in the picture outside is one of the Beagle puppies. They sold one already, but there are 4 left I think. I should be out there some night this week cleaning the kennels and chicken coop. I'll take some pictures. LOL

4. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

Do you have to run them through a car wash LOL must be big

5. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Yes, they are big like all St's :) It takes a lot of doggie shampoo and manpower to soak, shampoo, scrub and rinse :) Goes without saying, it has to get done in the lawn.
    I've done it many times and end up, totally drenched. But I usually time it for a Sunday afternoon, after a few beers or vodka :-D
    Still need another person, if not two to help out.
    Cheers..

6. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

What a job, are they cooperative? Guess they would have to be huh

7. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Bernies love water so no issues. Give them a swamp - they'll walk into it :-D

8. oma

oma MajorGeek

9. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

My scorpion either died, or slept to long. He's gone now.

10. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Aww Pax ! Had you named it? Just curious, what is a scorpions diet and what kinda weather/temp suits them? Cheers..

11. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Yes, I decided it was male, and named it after my dad I used his middle name Miller. He's a Scorpio, so... LOL It ate crickets, not sure it knew how to, in more than a week it only ate one, and I held it in front of him until he took it.

I think I'll buy an adult, this one was little. I'm sure an adult would be more resilient. More self reliant if nothing else.

It lived in a plastic cage I had to keep wet and humid.. Easy enough.

12. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Merry Christmas! From my family to yours!

Attached Files:

• BP.jpg
      BP.jpg
      File size:
      28.4 KB
      Views:
  13. LauraR

Awwww...new puppy, Pax? He looks very young.

14. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Yes, less than a day old. My parents raise Beagles. I'm not sure the sex, but without having opened its eyes yet, it's not either I bet! LOL

15. sikvik

sikvik Corporal Karma

Agree, has the puppy been weaned.
    Edit; Oh, ok, you posted same time!
    Cheers..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  16. kodasmom

kodasmom Private E-2

I wanted to share my fur kids...... Beware, I have alot! LOL All of my dogs and some of the horses are rescues.

Lets start with the dogs.....

This is Henry. He came to us severely emaciated. Our neighbor decided that he just didn't want to feed him anymore....
    [​IMG]

Here is Koda. Koda was destined to be a bait dog for dog fighting. I found out, and brought her home.....
    [​IMG]

Here is Loki. Loki was dumped on the road infront of our house. We live in the sticks.... This happens frequently. He was only 3 weeks old when we got him.....
    [​IMG]

Here is Gretchen. Gretchen's previous owners decided to move and not take her with them. They kicked her out into the streets.. A friend contacted me and we took her in....
    [​IMG]

Last but not least.... Here is Lucky. Lucky is completely blind. He was also dumped off outside our house when he was 6 months old. He still amazes me as to how well he gets around. He can play fetch completely by smell!
    [​IMG]

I will post pictures of my horses in another post...... :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  17. LauraR

Wow...what an awesome thing you have done for those animals! Your post brought a tear to my eyes. I am sure you are as well loved by them as they are by you. :)

18. Paxton007

Paxton007 MajorGeek

Isn't that great? My parents have a German Shepherd that can do that. She's not blind or anything, but whenever we have a gathering in the summer time, we'll take her toy of choice and throw it into the woods, in the middle of the night.

She always comes back with it. It's amazing. Congrats on all the rescues. That's commendable, to say the least.

19. kodasmom

kodasmom Private E-2

Thank you.... All of my fur kids are well loved. When we take in abused and neglected animals, it gives us alot of satisfaction and pride when we see them bloom with health and watch their real personality come out over time......

Here are the horses......

Here is Ladybug. She came to us severely underweight, and is un-rideable due to the severe beatings she received from her previous owner. We are happy to let her live out the rest of her days doing what she wants..... It took over a year for her to learn to trust us.
    [​IMG]

Here is Spirit.. Ladybug is his mom. He was born here this past April.
    [​IMG]

Here is Charlie. Charlie is 35 years old. He came to us in the middle of winter, shaved and underweight.
    [​IMG]

Here is April. She was born here.
    [​IMG]

Here is Coco. Coco came to us from an owner who did not know how to properly take care of a horse. He was extremely emaciated.
    [​IMG]

Here is Tanya. We just got her a couple of months ago. We did not think she would make it through the night. (I cried when I saw how bad she was) She was a skeleton with skin. Tanya loves to just be with us. We allow her to graze in our lawn with us and the dogs. In this picture, she has put on 400 lbs. She still need to put on another 300. She is steadily gaining everyday.....
    [​IMG]

20. Mankind

Mankind Just call me MK - RIP 2014

I have posted this before but this is my cat Ms.Peepers getting a bath in my kitchen sink.:-D

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  21. Mankind

Mankind Just call me MK - RIP 2014

I have posted this before but this is my cat Ms.Peepers getting a bath in my kitchen sink.:-D Well it won`t let me post them cause they are in the funny pics thread.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds