Photography

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kestrel13!, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Still need to get a extra light or two, but shot this BUG (Back Up Gun) tonight. iPhone 4 in picture for scale. My new toy Brown Santa brought me. ;)

Don't think I will ever need a 'BUG', but is a handy little gun which is better than no gun.

The stainless steel slide and black frame make for an interesting attempt at a photo using flash, will have to work on that some.

Attached Files:

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Cute little bug. LOL Looks like it matches your phone case.

Use a slow shutter speed and tripod with no flash, or use a couple of diffused lights on it.

3. Anon-9aee479f8f

Anon-9aee479f8f Anonymized

Good shot Laura!
    I only like bugs and scary critters from a safe distance! LOL Yeah for zoom!

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

KatKat superb pics of butterflies and Laura awesome pic of the Cricket?

5. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Of course it matches... Good grief! :-D

That was just a quick shot. I have a couple of neat shots to post, but can't get them off my dang iPhone. Will figure that out Monday.

6. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

My Best friend is a Photographer. She mostly does portrait work, to pay the bills, but sometimes we go out together and do some really fun stuff.

Like this one, attached, this was a blast.

You can check her out on https://www.facebook.com/picbrandy she's really talented.

Attached Files:

7. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

I've been trying to do some, but mine are crap. I have apparently no eye and a crappy cell phone camera.

Attached Files:

8. slapletters

slapletters Private E-2

Im glad you started a new one. I love photography. I love to see a person's reaction when they love what I have shot. I photograph all different things, and because it's my passion.

9. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Oh that falling woman picture is brilliant :-D How did the landing pan out?

I would say you have a very good eye for a shot! The apple one reminds me of one I took less than a week ago and the Iris is very beautiful.

10. Wenchie

Wenchie I R teh brat

She's supposed to be levitating, but we didn't have anything higher than a stool to set her up on, so it does kinda look like she's about to face plant :p We were going to have her standing, to get more convincing floating pictures? But the stool was really unstable, and because it was outside, we couldn't keep it flat. :( boo.

11. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

12. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Ha!, ha! All I got was a Gnome tat sticks his butt out at you, and one that makes rude signs. I get strange presents, sometimes.:mad
    I could post some pics. of my fossils and stuff, ha!, ha! (Yeah, I know I AM a fossil!!...:p).

13. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Not a great picture, but I got my new holster in today. Fully prepared to attend BBQ in Texas now. :cool

Attached Files:

14. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

....OOOOhhh!!..it's a gun & holster! I thought it was half a :crap, with a wooden handle sticking out....:p .roflmao

15. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Honestly not sure how to respond to that. :-D

16. ownthree

ownthree Corporal

Did you know that Kodak, who invented the first digital camera, went bankrupt because they didn't convert to digital.

17. Kestrel13!

roflmao roflmao

18. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

I use to like photos. Lost most over the years. Wildlife fishing and outdoors of places I've been through. No decent camera now but I can still make a photo. Here's one for all you geeks.

Attached Files:

19. Kestrel13!

Oooh that is nice!! :cool

20. Kestrel13!

Nice work indeed Musky!

One from the canalside today. A little Robin Red Breast. :)

Attached Files:

21. Kestrel13!

That's a gorgeous shot! :)

22. Anon-9aee479f8f

Good shots Kestrel and musksnipe. We have a robin that builds in the same place here every year and I have some pics of new baby robins, but I would need a ladder to get that great a shot.:(

23. Imandy Mann

I have a request of you photographers out there. We do jigsaw puzzles around here and most come from pretty photos I come across surfing. And there have been some real good ones here. I would like to use some -strictly in house- to make jigsaws. Any objections? Any permissions? Here's a shot of one from Katkat. Thanks. And I will honor any who say no.

Attached Files:

24. Imandy Mann

Eldon likes this.
  25. Kestrel13!

No problems with you using any of mine. That's if they are large enough. I can always attach originals. I didn't click the executable.... naturally paranoid, don't take offence :-D

26. Imandy Mann

Just made one from your first post in this thread - the bee on the flower- good one. Thanks for the permission.

27. Kestrel13!

No problem. :)

28. Anon-9aee479f8f

The zip file did not open correctly for me. Not sure why. I see it had some views so did anyone else have a problem viewing it?

29. joffa

joffa Major Geek's Official Birthday Announcer

Worked perfectly for me:-D
    The zip has an executable inside and I didn't even extract it..... I just clicked on the exe :cool
    Started doing the jigsaw but then had to do some work DOH! rolleyes
    Lucky it's Friday ;):p

30. Anon-9aee479f8f

Strange but it only shows a page of letters, numbers, and symbols when I try to open it with notepad. Does not even give me a option of opening a zipped file. What's up with that?:confused

31. Kestrel13!

I could open just fine and play the jigsaw Katkat.

32. Anon-9aee479f8f

Well that leaves me curious as to why it does not open right for me.:( I tried a few times using different methods. This is the first zip file I have had trouble with on Win8.1.:confused

Sorry Imandy Mann I am not trying to be contrary but I am reluctant to give my permission for something I can't see for myself.

33. Imandy Mann

Since I just happened to pick one of your photos for an example I'm sorry you had trouble opening it. I only zipped it because I couldn't post the exe file- says invalid file. I zipped it by sending it to compressed folders in 8.1. When I first opened it pop up showed 'you have apps for this file' but nothing in the list was right so I had to browse to my zip program. I opened it with IZarc and WinRAR both. Now it opens automatically.

You have some great shots -so if I can't use them it will be my loss

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  34. Anon-9aee479f8f

Added Note: I know Win8.1 is suppose to unzip files without adding software so technically this file should open. Also the first time I tried to open your zip file Imandy Mann I got a Security Notice which concerned me but others seem to be able to open your file with no problem. So I am a bit confused about that. Like I said first time I have had a problem with Win8.1 and zip files.

I went and re-read this just to see what it says about opening zip files in Win8.1 just in case I have a problem with other zip files in the future. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

35. Imandy Mann

I like your shot in the holloween post. witch across the moon. Lucky timing to catch her there!:-D

Actually sometimes smaller pictures and less number of pieces makes for a faster workable puzzle sometimes preffered.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  36. joffa

I have tried a couple of times but they fly way too quick for me LOL
    Kudos to you musky ;)

37. Kestrel13!

My three for the day :-D

Attached Files:

Eldon likes this.
  38. joffa

I really like the ladybird pic Kes :-D:cool
    Nice shots ;)

39. LauraR

Wow...some great shots in here since I've been in last!

Kes, I love your edited three above. :)

40. LauraR

Here's one of mine from a meadow around here.
    Oh, and a shot of New York City from across the river underneath the Brooklyn Bridge. Hubby and I were celebrating our 22nd anniversary. I brought my camera. :-D

Attached Files:

41. Kestrel13!

Thanks Laura. Sometimes a little editing is nice. :-D I find it quite soothing adding effects to my pictures, I go off into a trance and before I know it three hours has passed. Oh my...

42. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Amazing shots Laura and Emma!

43. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Re: Some superb Photography

New furniture. Note the oiled look vs the harsh lines on a poly grip.

Attached Files:

44. Kestrel13!

smoky tortoise shell, nice! :-D

45. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Forgot to post the original finished ones. :-D

My photos don't show it very well, but the original finish was very glossy vs the more matte finish of the oil.

Attached Files:

46. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Shoot what you love, and love what you shoot. :-D

But, just for you:

Attached Files:

47. Anon-9aee479f8f

Colors Of Fall

Attached Files:

• bnz.jpg
      bnz.jpg
      File size:
      90.5 KB
      Views:
    • bnz1.jpg
      bnz1.jpg
      File size:
      93.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  48. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Actually, that was the 'Great Blizzard Of 2014'. We had freezing temps for 2 or 3 days. Horrible storm. :-D

49. Anon-9aee479f8f

Sorry Fred my pictures did not show up the first time I posted Colors of Fall was referring to them. But your blizzard picture is cool.

50. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Katkat, those are awesome picts! Thanks for sharing them! We don't get much of a Fall here. The leaves start looking ready to take a picture of, and then the next day they all fall off. :)

And that was "The Great Blizzard Of 2014", not some common blizzard picture I posted. :-D:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds