Problem with Nvidia 56.72 Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by JSKILL, May 12, 2004.

1. JSKILL

JSKILL Private E-2

Ok i have a 5700 ultra and it worked fine with the 53 drivers. So i updated and now whenever i start up an EA game the EA logo takes 10 minutes too load. I am not stretching the truth at all, its ridiculous. The game runs fine but that Logo takes forever. EA support has given me ideas but none of them work at all, any ideas?

2. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

yeah dont contact EA tech if you need a solution..... go back to the previous driver release untill a 'fix' has been set? Did you uninstall the previous drivers properly?

3. JSKILL

JSKILL Private E-2

Explain exactly what you mean by uninstalled correctly, lol. I have been goin back to the older drivers but the only ones that work without this prob are like 3 sets of drivers back...and some games tend to lag a little with them.

4. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Always make sure you clean out any remnants of your old drivers before installing your new ones, use a tool such as this one
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3233.html

Myself i remove the old drivers via ADD/REMOVE programs(ignore the reboot request) first then run NFR delete anything found, reboot cancel the windows hardware installer and ignore any warnings from Microsoft, re-run the NFR to make sure im 100% clean then install the newest drivers ;)

Have you installed DirectX9

Might be worth having a look here, and see what drivers other users of the same card are having the most success with
    http://forums.guru3d.com/

5. StingeR

StingeR Private E-2

i been having probs with this release as well tho not same as jskill

i have gforce 5900 xt and the probs i have are in some games where textures especially shadows are not rendered properly. most of them just have one colour like for example shadows are light blue colour! also in windows i have the problems my button texts are overlapping, tabs text are a mess. i wonder if anyone else is having similar problems

6. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Well, get rid of the newer drivers for the time being and put the 53 ones in and see if the problem stops. Personally I'm doing fine with the 56's. If lots of people are having a problem I'm sure they'll update with a fix in the next version, so watch out for it :)

7. General_Lee_Stoned

Hi Stinger there are several newer drivers available since the 56.72s
    theres lots of good feedback that the 60,xx drivers are working well with the FX series of cards
    available here
    http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

8. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

They are all beta drivers, and so they might fix your problem but may have other bugs in them. I'd go with the latest one, which should be the safest. But bear in mind the 56.72's were the ones latest released officially.

9. jarcher

jarcher I can't handle a title

thre is a folder with a clamp what is it
    Video_nVidia_43_03_ALL_WW_XP_5780-01.exe
    and these icons, :) what ever the are, cannot be seen when IMing

10. General_Lee_Stoned

Hi Jarcher sorry its late im not quite sure what you problem is, are you trying to install some new drivers? your best bet is to start a new thread listing your system specs and what exactly your problem is

@Goldfish thanks for pointing out the fact they are beta drivers but the feedback is very good ;) and who takes any notice of those warnings from
    Microsoft anyway
    BTW your not trying to start a new drivers flame war are you :p
    There is a set of WHQL drivers 60.86 available but only for 9x/me

11. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

LOL no I wouldn't do that again in a hurry. Ah I didnt realise it was for 9x, i always check for 2k/XP when im on the nvidia website. I might try some of those new drivers, but I dunno. Maybe I'll try a different release of the DNA drivers.

Now you would think that WHQL drivers would not have the warning from Microsoft when you install them. ERK, WRONG! It comes up all the same, despite the fact it says they are certified when they are installed :rolleyes:

12. StingeR

StingeR Private E-2

ok guyz these drivers are giving me serious problems with far cry. anything above 53.03, n im getting all grey textures with very little colours in between. even the new 61.76 dont resolve this problem with far cry. is it some problem with my card > MSI Geforce FX 5900 XT?? id ont think so becoz everything else works fine exept far cry. now for this dumb game i have to keep using older drivers!!!?

13. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Have you checked the game website for any patches that have been issued for the game?

It sounds more like a software problem than a driver problem to me (maybe the driver is causing the textures to appear grey because there is some sort of problem with the software). Also as you say only the one game is affected, that raises my suspicions even more.

If you can't find a patch, do a google about it.

You might consider using the StarStorm drivers to see if this alleviates the problem, but they are hacked so I warn you now.

14. StingeR

StingeR Private E-2

ok guyz nothing else worked so i just had to download the far cry v1.1 patch! well IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM. in fact i can even notice an increase in performance n more smooth game play. i would have gone for the v1.2 patch but i got this one from a friend, n i couldnt wait to DL the whole 1.2 with my 56K connection!! anyway i think it has more tweaks for GF 6800 cards.

anyway my far cry is running smooth now n im happy.

15. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

But your sig says anything you would like to know, ask you, so I ask you, where do I get these drivers? :)

If you know the video card, odds are the manufacturer or a couple og popular drivers websites may have newer drivers for you. Usually a Google search of "video card name drivers" will get it done. If you dont have any luck, holler back with the video card make and model.

16. Major Attitude

I had a problem like that with a friends Emachine, drivers did it, but this assumes you dont have a dated monitor, I assume your monitor is capable of doing the higher colors and refresh rates as well as the card.

Give me the video card brand and model (probably S3 something) and I can look around. Your monitor make and model would be handy too.

17. Major Attitude

On the back, should be a small metal piece saying what it is.

18. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Oh and if you want to find out what the video adaptor is, you could always try EVEREST. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds