Recent New Win7 Laptop W/ No Hard Drive Installed?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HarryPotter, May 4, 2023.

1. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

Hi! I recently got three Windows computers in the mail at my mother's house. One of them came with a hard drive, but it was not installed. :( I need to find out if it's as 32-bit or 64-bit system. Then I need to get the proper version of Windows for it. I think it should work for Win7. Then I need to know how to partition and format the hard drive. I have experience with DOS and Wino98's FDISK and FORMAT programs but not the versions for later versions of Windows. Then I need to install the OS. After all that, I need to stuff the computer. How do I do all that? BTW, the system's a laptop.

2. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

OS bit version is dependent on the CPU.

Make, and model please.

3. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

The laptop is at y mother's house, and I'm not there right now. I might be there next weekend.

4. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

5. HarryPotter

HarryPotter MajorGeek

The person who gave me the laptop said that it already has a hard drive. I must have tried it at all. Sorry for wasting your time. :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds