Samsung External Speaker Problems

Discussion in 'Smartphones and Tablets - Hardware' started by Ibsen3, Jan 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibsen3

Ibsen3 Private First Class

Hello,

Having had old phones throughout my life, I just received a Samsung A21s for Christmas. I have little interest in expensive phones as one of the only uses I have for it is playing music. To my horror, two of my favourite (and most reliable) speakers don't play music properly. The oldest one refuses to play even with a cable plugged in and my waterproof 'Rokpod' crackles to an unlistenable degree. Is this just a way to get me to buy an expensive set of speakers or is it fixable?

Needless to say, I'm very disappointed already.

Also, if anyone knows how to stop my music playing automatically after having played other media like videos on Facebook, I'd love to know how. This is something that used to happen with my old phone and is still an issue here (FYI, I use the Audify app as it allows me to access my music folders directly).

Thanks for any help.

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

I use VLC to play music. I just loaded 1 song because I don't play music on my phone. VLC comes up with a play and pause button.

All I can say is that I have a cheap ($80) Samsung J3 Emerge. I attached a cheap ($5) speaker and had no problem. Of course the music sounds louder if I don't attach the speaker.
    I also have a Sony bluetooth speaker that I paired with the phone as a test. No problem with that either.

Connect the Rokpod by cable. Does it still crackle? This would be to determine if the problem is with the phone or the bluetooth connection.

3. Ibsen3

Thanks plodr. Sadly, it hasn't helped. I too have a cable-only speaker that I bought for less than £5 around 15-20 years ago. It's powerful and works with everything except this phone. The Rokpod only has a micro-USB connection that I'm pretty sure only works as a recharge socket. I don't know if it's possible to get a Samsung connection on a lead that has a micro USB connection on the other end but I reckon that wouldn't work anyway as I'm pretty sure it's designed to be bluetooth-only.
    Any other ideas, people?
    It really sucks when companies like this cut you off from all your devices just so you have to pay for their own stuff. I've avoided Apple all my life for this reason.

4. Ibsen3

The above user was been reported - probably a bot. If you're human then you need a good slap.

Eldon likes this.
  5. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

User is gone. ;)
    We help.
    A$$holes are eliminated.

6. plodr

7. plodr

I wanted to add that my Sony bluetooth speaker also has a line-in port. When I shopped, I looked for this feature because only one computer in the house has bluetooth.
    This comes in handy because I was able to connect it to my husband's non-bluetooth laptop using an aux cable.
    aux cable.jpg
    The sound on his laptop is weak. With the bluetooth speaker plugged in, he could hear his music and movies so much better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds