Something has got to give...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rogvalcox, Aug 15, 2005.

1. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Welcome to bright sunny california where we pay 3.10 for regular and up to 3.30 for super. This is funny as on my way to work (40 miles rt) I pass no less than 3 refineries and the largest offload area on the west coast.

Gofinger? :mad:

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Everything is more expensive in Cali...

If I lived there, I'd sell my house, move back to AZ and buy myself a small mansion.

:eek:

3. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

HEY lay off the cali stabs! :)

Who resurrected the dead thread anyway?

4. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

$3.41 per gal today

5. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Which is actually cheaper than what I paid in Michigan this weekend. Count your blessings. :)

6. Darkside

Darkside Private E-2

Here in Monmouth, Oregon, gas is $3.15 a gallon for supreme and $2.95 for regular.... but that was a few days ago. It has been steadily climbing almost 5 cents a day for the past week.

7. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Hey Darkside..nice to see a fellow Oregonian on board :D Come down to Springfield...we are still paying $2.80 in some gas stations for regular :)

8. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I have to admit I'm quite excited for the future a world without oil,I hope I'm alive to live through it,it makes me wonder how crazy society will become and how we will get through it,will people be picketing around the pumps again in the uk soon,I think in the next decade it will get really bad as truth about how much oil countries ACTUALLY have comes to light.

Will people be trying to kill each other for a tank of fuel?

I find it hard to understand anger over something thats inevitable,as my dad used to tell me "if you cant do anything about it why worry" ,he started going bald early too :)

thre price boards of uk petrol stations always have an eery look to me,it reminds of the people looking at the air fans in total recall knowing that thier life depends on them,convert those prices into $

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  9. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Works out about $8.42 per gallon in USD for the unleaded (same as regular)

10. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

what will happen, EVENTUALLY, is that money will be plowed into making cars that run on something else. the elelectric 'grid' will rely on solar, wind, water, and geo-thermal power. the only reason i can think of that this hasnt happened yet is that the oil cartels rule the politics.(IMHO)

11. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

$3.89 regular. have i gone back to being the highest?

12. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Prices in Oregon have started to go down again. We're back in the $2.70's now :D

13. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

its now costing me $80 a week just to get my child to school and back. thats more than i spend on food for the three of us. dont know how to deal with this if it keeps up. :(

14. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

We're now down to 2.70 (for how long we will see) around the corner from the house!!

Roger

15. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

In 2 weeks at that price you could buy both of you a bike and cycle to school :D

16. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

30mls over a mountain, each way, twice a day? you think my name is lance?

17. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

not right now, but if you did that, it soon would be ;)

18. geekedittilitGHz

geekedittilitGHz <i>puto cum grano salis</i>

im in gilbert az near phoenix and it was over 3 dollars 1 week ago... but now its down to 2.85...

19. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Think yourself fortunate. Look what prices did in California....

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds