spazzy mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by viper_boy403, Apr 11, 2006.

1. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

not that big of a deal but every once in a while my mouse will randomly spaz out and goes flying all around the screen for a few seconds. any ideas?

2. nickwsu

nickwsu Private First Class

I also have had that issue with my mx1000.

funny thing is, I didnt start noticing it until I installed the software (played for around a month just plug-and-play style before I actually got around to it). Software added zero features, but my mouse started spazzing.

so, I would say you could try reinstalling the software, thats all i got. good luck

3. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

I assume from reading your system specs that you are running XP. I would recommend running the system file checker:

To do so please follow these steps:

1. Insert your installation CD
    2. Open a command prompt. To do so:
    - Hit windows key + r (or click start --> run)
    - Type 'cmd' (without the quotes)
    - Press enter (or click ok)
    3. Type 'sfc /scannow' (without the quotes) and press enter.

This will cause windows to replace all your system files with known working ones from the CD. I've used this method to cure the spazzy mouse a few times before, with much success.

4. DeltaJ

DeltaJ Private First Class

This happens on optical mouses sometimes. it picks up a speck of fuzz or something happens to me. no big deal.

5. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

Heh, you must never have seen a REALLY spazzy mouse... I don't know if viper_boy403's problem is quite so bad, but I've had mice that would randomly go nuts for a good 10 - 20 seconds, flying about, clicking like mad...now, tell me fuzz did that! :)

6. Toke

Toke MajorGeek

Have you run an anti spyware through like spybot/adaware etc.

7. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

yeah i have but didnt think that would help the mouse...

anyways, the mouse didnt come with software, its just a microsoft optical mouse; plug-and-play and usually works great

it only freaks out for a few seconds, at max 5, so maybe it is just dust...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds