The Olympics

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by brandypeppy, Feb 19, 2010.

1. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

I just had to add, Nickelback ROCKED in the closing ceremonies!!! :guitar :dancer

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

This is exactly what the world needs to understand, having read a lot of bad mouthing from many countries it's quite clear that they simply don't understand that Canada as a whole is very laid back and light hearted, always the first to poke fun at themselves and that is most certainly one of my favorite traits of this country.

The mime guy coming out to fix the hydraulics was hysterical as was the whole Mountie/Beaver/Flying Moose display.
    It was like, "This is how the world see's us, lets give 'em what they want"
    And William Shatner.. lmao gotta love that guy!

The whole thing was so enjoyable, I've never enjoyed a sports event like this one... and I'm sad it's over, there's nothing to watch on TV now :( lol

3. augiedoggie

I gotta figure out this multi-quote crap, one would think that after 7+ years I'd get it by now?! :-o:-D

4. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Thats my point lol, the wife is gonna go back to CSI and CSI and CSI and Dexter and Crossing Jordan and Criminal Minds and Cold Case...... and I'll go back to.......Friends and Family Guy :-D

Oh I meant to mention Catherine O'Hara.... she's awesome but I think a lot of what she said went over peoples heads....... but her impression of the Female Curling team was hysterical.
    And good old Mike Fox, was so good to see him around the whole event, he is one of my childhood idols and seeing him skate around in commercials and his speech was just the icing on an already very glossy cake :)

5. augiedoggie

Well, not sure that O'Haras 'performance' went over folks heads there Ned.;) Mind you, the puritanical ones would love to burn her at the stake!:-D

BTW, I'm CSI'd out! Accckkk!!!

Ya on Fox, good to see his disease controlled, at least for that night.:)

6. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Yeah, I can agree with all that. Most certainly we quit against the Slovacs, that almost cost us BIG. Fortunately, the Slovacs ran out of time.

7. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

Yeah but that last 3 minutes of the Slovak game were intense!
    Funny thing I noticed in the replays (and I could be wrong here because it was so tight) was as the clock hit 1 second left, Luongo raised his arms in victory just as the puck was fired, it went wide but was definitely shot before the buzzer.
    Could you imagine if that had gone in :eek

8. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

I think the puck has to cross the line before time expires to count, but because hockey counts the last 60 seconds in tenths 1 second is lots of time.

9. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

USA vs Canada was a great game. Damn canadians though they were born on ice :p

10. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds